• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF of the latest Photoshop User Guide

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to download the latest Photoshop manual?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Google search you can find Adobe Scripting documentation.  Adobe search is painful and navigation could use some improvements.

Photoshop Reference 

Photoshop Scripting 

Sone documebts are hard to find like  JavaScript Tools Guide version PDF

Adobe seem to be trying to get users to use the online html help content. If you know the right search you mat find it.

image.png

A search that does not work on Adobe site search may  work in google

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ,

I see that you edited your reply to include this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

but note that the PDF that your link goes to has only 960 pages and is dated 2/2/2018. It's not the most current version.

~ Jane

3C6324D9-8806-4AF9-BBEE-791E5D136197.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane and everyone who answered. I was going around in circles trying to find this on Adobe's search and Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Jeff. I'm trying to remember where I got the links, and I don't remember. Your Users Group might enjoy having them.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An actual manual in PDF format? I don't recall them doing this in awhile other than for older versions.

The only official guide I know of is the online one:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"An actual manual in PDF format?"

Yes, it's a 1017 page PDF with a creation date of 4 Nov 2019.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has problems maintaining Photoshop.  Maintaining offline help may not even be a line item.  Adobe dose not make the development plans  public. Old offline and on-line information is what will be available. Adobe will never be able to get or keep Photoshop documentation up to date.  I would think that Adobe will update the on-line information  at times so users can see it as soon as it is Published.  I would not count on all information  being timely. Adobe does publish notices of changes and fixes here in the Photoshop forum.  Adobe just does not know about the new bugs they have introduced users need to find those for Adobe. Their development budget must be low or  their new programming are assigned testing duties testing need to be staffed with  experienced good programmers. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has problems maintaining Photoshop.

I find that hard to believe.  According to macrotrends.net Adobe gross profit for the twelve months ending August 31, 2022 was $15.087B, a 13.33% increase year-over-year. Adobe annual gross profit for 2021 was $13.92B, a 24.89% increase from 2020.

I'm really getting fed up with the lack of easily-searchable documentation on their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines