Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure keeps disappearing only in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

Soo, I have a problem with Photoshop CC.
(I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro)

It happens that my pen pressure disappears, if try around enough I can eventually get it back (restart photoshop and replug my tablet, etc.). But that is a hassle and I don't see a pattern in what works and what doesn't, I just randomly get to work it again so I can't really tell what has really helped to get my pen pressure back in those moments.
My pen pressure works perfectly fine everywhere else though! And it's the same problem on my laptop, so it has to do with Photoshop CC and using an Intuos ?
I didn't have that with my Bamboo Pen I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this problem is new.

I'd be very thankful for any help/advice!

Greetings,

Daripo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

If Windows, are you using Windows Ink or WinTab?

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

The intermittent nature of the problem suggest a driver issue rather than the API though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply!

I am using Windows 8 on the normal PC and windows 10 on the laptop. I only know of Windows Ink on my tablet, turning it off didn't change anything though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that I need to periodically reinstall my tablet driver(s) after installing Photoshop updates. For whatever reason, some setting or connections seem to change.

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022, this keeps happening. Adobe and Wacom need to make sure their products are more compatible as they are both monopolies in their own categories. And it's frankly a pain to have to troubleshoot pen pressure twice a year for hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, it is a shame they are not trying anything to fix that issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines