• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool Inverted Mouse Button on Path Editing?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, my first post in this forum, I didn't find any discussion on this question before.

Question: Is there a way to personalize the default inputs of the Pen Tool (Left click, Right click and modifiers such as Crtl/Command/Alt keys) ?

I'm asking it because my default Mouse Left Button, when hovering over an existing Path anchor, would - oddly - delete the anchor (image 1 - pen symbol with minus sign).

I would like to default my Left Mouse Button to move the anchor, not delete it, which makes more sense to me and is also the default behavior described at Adobe documentation (image 2).

obs:

- to move any given anchor, I must hold Ctrl/Command key + Left Click.

- to convert smooth to corner point, and vice-versa, I must hold Alt key + Left Click.

Any help is welcome, thanks everyone!

Bernardo Cavalcanti

Photoshop version 23.3.1

NVIDIA RTX 3080 TI

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi in photoshop or illustrator you need to use direct selection to move the points the page which you are referring is curvature pen tool so there is little difference just understand both concepts all will be good to go...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines