Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool problem still

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Members,

I reported a problem with the Pen Tool recently and I found out that many users have had problems with this tool. My answer seems to involve finding a previous version of PS where the tool works since Adobe does not appear to be doing a damn thing about the 2021 versions.  Unfortunately, I do not have a pre 2021 version on board. How do I get an older version to see if I can find a pen tool that works? I am on Windows 10 and my current PS version is 22.4.3.

If I find it and can import it, do I just activate it and watch it load up? Is it more complicated than that?

Thanks,

Richard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comrads,

I am using PS 22.4.3 and my Pen Tool has gone walkabout. When I click on a starting point and attempt to draw a path, nothing happens. If I then hit ctrl +Z the lines appear minus one and anchor points also. I can then activate the path. However, I cannot use the tool this way since it is not doing what I want and does the wrong thing too often. 

I have read about many problems with this tool but none of the solutions seems to work. Any ideas out there?

I am on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try updating Photoshop to version 22.5 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,
As a subscription member shouldn't my PS be automatically updated to 22.5?
My computer tells me that I have version 22.4.3.
Thanks,
Richard Gold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a subscription member shouldn't my PS be automatically updated to 22.5

Only if you have this option enabled

2021-09-11 15_48_24-Pen tool issue - Adobe Support Community - 12368256 — Mozilla Firefox.png

You can manually check for updates from the CC app

2021-09-11 15_48_56-Pen tool issue - Adobe Support Community - 12368256 — Mozilla Firefox.png

Have you tried resetting the Tools

2021-09-11 15_52_06-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

If that doesn't help, try a preference reset

2021-09-11 15_52_20-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines