• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen Tool Does Not Work. I just have reseted the prefferences and this didn't work for me. I can't create a point and I don't see any paths too. Please Help me! I just updated to the new version of Ps. 

Here is the link with my problem.

https://vimeo.com/571858235/7876e71927

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked. I turned on Deactivate Native Canvas. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I turned on "Deactivate Native Canvas" and the pen tool now works perfect! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the users affected: it is a work around, and the Ps team needs to be aware of the issue... 

I wonder if one should create a new bug report that points to this thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do so, if I knew how to create a new bug report...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told how to do it, I'm changing the thread to a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me by turning ON use graphics processor. This issue has happened in several versions up photoshop. I'm in version 23.01 currently. It seems like something adobe would be better at addressing at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me, too, but only since the update this week. I can't see the nodes or the lines with the Pen Tool, unless I hide then unhide the layer, and even then it only works until I click again, then they disappear. I tried turning off/on the GPU, no difference. Unfortunately I decided to uninstall the update before I found this thread and that is still in progress. I'll edit with an update if the Pen Tool comes back, and try the Deactivate Native Canvas thing if it doesn't. I'm a new user (only had it two weeks) so this is quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I can't seem to edit my comment, so I will add: I rolled back to 22.4.3  (from 22.5) and it's the same. I can see that the path was created (in Paths tab) but can't see it on the layer. I turned on "Deactivate Native Canvas" as suggested above and voila, the pen tool works. Hopefully Adobe is working on this.  The pen tool is vital - please fix it quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem exists in Illustrator and is solved in the same way.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines