• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues after update v 22.5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated photoshop today, and after that I couldn't load some files, and when they were finally open, nothing works at all, I tried zooming in or out - this just duplicates the Image on screen and makes it smaller and bigger, creating layers of the same view on top of each other, if I try to crop the image, it doesn't work either and the selection borders just stay on the screen as if they were part of the image.

I'm sure it has something to do with the update, yesterday everything worked fine, but what can I do to resolve these issues? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

2021-08-18 17_14_53-© SFTW46Chest.jpg @ 33.3% (RGB_8) _.png

Also try updating your GPU driver from the manufacturers website.

Everything's working fine for me with Photoshop version 22.5 on Windows 10

I did come across this thread, with respect to the redraw, you could also try enabling this option, also in preferences

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-225-update-bug-issue/611c40a10188e8...

2021-08-18 17_18_36-© SFTW46Chest.jpg @ 33.3% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately it didn't work

SeraphinaReisinger_0-1629303731757.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since the update yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add to this thread on the Adobe feedback forum which is monitored by Adobe engineers

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-ghosting-background/611beb6e0188e87...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me either. But thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same issues as commented here. "Reset Preferences on Quit" had no effect but glad to report checking "Deactivate Native Canvas" seems to have done the trick.

Thanks @Ged_Traynor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, didn't help.

Also, I noticed light gray boxed in the top left corner that weren't there before the update you can see on this picture here:

SeraphinaReisinger_0-1629307528036.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still haveing the same issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update I couldn't use the layers, couldn't paint under a layer, couldn't open a simple jpeg to colour in and the whole program froze completely time and time again. I'm thinking of ending my subscription but I'll get charged. Hopeless. I uninstalled it several times and after reinstalling it, the same problems continued. In the end I've reinstalled an earlier version and lost all the fonts I had etc. Note to Adobe:-  STOP STOP STOP STOP WITH ALL THE CONSTANT UPDATES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really surprised this did not fix it for you. It's worked as a solution on many other threads:

Go to preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. 

Perhaps you didn't restart after changing the pref?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines