• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective warp losing/discarding edits

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a smart object to which I applied distortion with the perspective warp tool.

All is good until I convert the smart layer into another smart object (that is, into a nested smart object): suddenly all the distortion is lost.

The same happen if I move the smart layer to another document.

This used to work (ver. 22, 21, etc..). Please make it work again.

Here my spec:

Adobe Photoshop Version 23.0.1 (updated)

Windows 10 (updated)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (updated)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double-click the smart object, does the child object still have the warp applied? If so, can you share the PSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to reproduce. I created a smart object, applied a perspective warp to the smart object. Then made that smart object a smart object. I can double click the parent smart object and reedit the perspective warp using the perspective warp I created earlier. See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for looking into it, I wish I could share the file but it's client work..

Anyway I checked the file you kindly provided and again with the file I was working on and, as you rightly said, it works as usual.

At first I thought there was a problem with transparency (I was working on an isolated portion of the image), but no.

I really cannot explain that behaviour, maybe it was just a temporary glitch.

And no, I wasn't drunk 😉

So, thank you again for the assistance and sorry for the trouble. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can create a file with content you can share that reproduces the problem, we are happy to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here, I guess I found the culprit.

If you make a smart object out of this smart object, the transformation is retained.

But, if you delete the filter mask and try to redo the above operation, the transformation is lost, even inside the smart object.

Of course, one can avoid removing the filter mask to avoid this issue, but no other smart filter "reset" whenever the filter mask is removed.

Thank you for your time, looking forwardo to your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines