• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspektivische Verformung

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn ich bei einem JPG File diese Funktion anwende, dann ist beim Speichern bzw. Speichern unter als JPG der File ein PSD File. Wenn ich diesen File dann mit PS öffne, stürzt PS ab. Ändere ich den Filetype auf PSD, kann PS den File öffnen. Ich bräuchte aber einen JPG file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you saying: That you deliberately misnamed a psd with the suffix jpg and that that caused problems? 

If you want to save a jpg off of a file that can itself IMPOSSIBLY be a jpg (because it has Layers for example) you can either use File > Save a Copy (cmd-alt-S) or revert to the old behaviour (Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Enable legacy »Save As«). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The JPG file comes from my camera. After doing all the distortion corrections, I want to save the changed image. When I do so, PS offers PSD as a file type, so I change the file type to JPG and the file is stored. When I try to open the file, PS tells me that it encountered a programming error. Opening the file with IrfanView gives me an error message that tells me that the file is a PSD file with a wrong file type..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you apparently did not change the file type but the suffix

Files that contain any Layer/s except the Background Layer cannot be jpg themselves. 

Unless the previously mentioned approaches resolve the issue please post meaningful screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here comes a set of screenshots. PS1 shows the initial screen when PS opens the JPG file. PS2 shows the drawing to correct the distortion. PS 3 shows up after confirming the corrected distortion and entering save. PS4 shows changing the PSD extension to JPG; the file is saved. PS5 shows what happens when PS tries to open the file. PS6 shows the error IRFANVIEW error message when opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»PS4 shows changing the PSD extension to JPG;«

PS4.jpg seems to show you changing the suffix, not the »Dateityp«, so the problem is obviously your own fault. Misnaming a file with a wrong suffix is not a great idea. 

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 15.11.45.png

»PS2.jpg« shows »Ebene 0« in teh Layers Panel – not a »Hintergrundebene« so obviously the file cannot be a jpg anymore (as stated alrady); if you want to go ahead and deteriorate the image further by resaving as a jpg you can flatten it first (Layer > Flatten Image). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real question is obviously a very simple one: Why in the heck did PS change the file contents from JPG to PSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that’s not the question; you created a Layer that an image of the file-format jpg CANNOT contain. 

So that issue is your own doing. 

That you apparently thought that writing »jpg« would change the »Dateiformat« seems to have been a misunderstanding. 

If you preferred the old Save As-dialog behaviour (automatically checking »As a Copy« when an impossible file format was selected) I already told you how you can enable legay »Save As«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for my personal understanding: Does this mean that my Canon D6 Mark II is generating an incorrect JPG-file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not, you are changing the jpg in a way that makes it impossible to be a jpg anymore. 

I think I have already explained this, but let me try once again: 

Just look at the Layers Panel – is there ANYTHING ELSE than ONE Layer called »Hintergrundebene«/»Background Layer«/…? 

Then it can’t be a jpg. 

You can flatten the image before saving, you can use File > Save a Copy, you can reinstate the old Save As-behaviour, … but you should not pretend Photoshop is doing something unexpected in this case.

(Edit: I am not claiming that Photoshop doesn’t have bugs, but this is behaviour-as-expected.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying, if I do something with distortion, then it is no longer a JPG. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saying: Look at the Layers Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me finish off this conversation with a final comment. All these layer discussions simply try IMHO to explain an end-user experience which is inconsistent. If I open a JPG file, massage the file somehow, I store the changed image using the save command. If I open an JPG file, massage the file using the distortion fixing toll, I must store the changed image using the save as command. EUI folks call this behavior, as far as I can tell, at least inconsistent, if not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You appear not to fully understand what you are doing and what file formats are and mean. 

»If I open a JPG file, massage the file somehow«

What are you trying to describe here? How are you »massaging« the image? 

»If I open an JPG file, massage the file using the distortion fixing toll, I must store the changed image using the save as command.«

You seem to have problems distinguishing cause and effect. 

If you change the »Hintergrundebene« to a regular Layer the file cannot be a jpg anymore because jpgs cannot have Layers. 

You can flatten the image, you can save a jpg copy, … but this is not because Photoshop has done something unexpected, this is the consequence of your actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines