Photo Quality When Playing Music

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am putting some audio over a still image in photoshop using the "Timeline" window. For example, I have the image "play" for 30 seconds and the music play for 30 seconds. The only problem is when hitting the play button it reduces the image quality to "play" the clip. I also have to render it as a video to have the music on there as well (not a problem just including in case it has to do with anything). Sorry for all the air quotes and times I said "play" lol. Refer to Photos. Thanks! 

Before                                          After

Before.PNGClip playing (After).PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lmiller76 I see you don't have any replies yet, sorry about that! I've added audio tracks to video timelines before in Photoshop and haven't had the trouble you're describing. Does the image quality reduce after you've rendered the video? Or only while you are still working in Photoshop and testing the audio? Yes, you do need to fully render the video in order to have both tracks work together. While you are working on the file, it could be that the individual tracks are too heavy MB-wise, and something has to give. How much memory are you working with? Maybe you have a cache build-up with that file, so shutting down and starting up can clear things out, or trying a Preferences reset. Also, depending on the export settings, the video you started with may be reduced in quality. The bottom line is, if the video renders correctly after exporting with the quality and sound you desire, you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines