• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Restoration filter "We've temporarily disabled this filter due to an error"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use this Neural filter once or twice and then I start getting this error message. Works again a few hours later for one or two images. This question has been asked before and one poster said it was because the user didn't have enough ram. I have enough ram (64gb) and also an 8 gb gpu (but maybe that's the problem?) Any other ideas here. The other thread I found about this didn't help.

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the face restore filter then it will only work on one face. Images with now thank one it will fail. Not sure if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help but this isn't what's happening. It runs the filter then gives me an error message with no changes at all to the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not work for me either!  Does anyone know what the problem is?

says "We've temporarily disabled this filter due to an error" doesn't say anything about a driver problem.  Has Adobe stopped this on everyone????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same case here. I was able to use it 5-6 times. Then "disabled" message started to popping up. Restarting Photoshop helped a few times, but then it stopped working all together (Mac Studio Ultra, 128Gb RAM here - so I highly doubt it has anything to do wtih RAM - esp. since Adobe says "WE've temporarily disabled..." Annoying very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Really a bummer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Have any of you who are having this issue tried to purge your cache?

-- In Photoshop, open the Edit menu and click Purge. Select All to clear all caches, or choose an individual cache to clear (Clipboard, Histories, Video Cache).

In reading the posts, it sounds like Photoshop is going through a lot of computations to do the task and it get's bogged down. Try purging the cache and then let us know if you find that it helps or if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. The only thing available for me to purge was the "video". I haven't even used this version of photoshop for anything else, this was the first thing I tried, so there wasn't anything to purge. But, nonetheless, it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been working for me using the following workaround.   Photoshop 24 (v. 25.4.0)

• I always start in Lightroom Classic. Not sure if this is necessary, but this is where I crop the photo initially.
  • in LrC > Photo > Edit in > Edit in Photoshop 2024 > Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments > Edit
  • In Ps > Filter > Neural Filters...
  • Click the button on the right for Photo Restoration
  • If a face is recognized, QUICKLY move Enhance face to 0 and I move Scratch reduction to 50. Each time you move a slider, the message 'Processing on device' will restart. You will only get an error message if a face is recognized and the Enhance face slider is not 0 when the processing completes. You can move the other sliders to process again. Then click OK when you are done.
  • Go to File > Save, and the enhanced image appears in LrC.
  • Go to File > Close and complete your editing in LrC. 
  • The steps will be different if you do not use LrC, but the basic concepts should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This actually worked for me!!  Thank you jon.a.blackman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good compromise workaround for faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines