• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo restoration neural filter:

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and have a graphics card fitted - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.

My problem with the neural filter is that the processing starts by using the graphics card but then often switches mid-processing to the CPU which is much SLOWER.

Only occasonally does the processing complete on the GTX 1650.

Once it has switched to the CPU, the only way I can get the next run of the the neural filter to execute on the graphics card is to re-start Photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Stephen35627985o8i7. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more specific info about this, and I'll help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here.

Before troubleshooting, update Photoshop to the latest version (v25.5.1) via the Creative Cloud desktop app & check if the issue exists. 

Does this happen after a specific series of steps? Besides Photoshop's Neural filters, check the Processes in the task manager (Windows) for unexpected read/write operations. 

Nvidia GTX 1650 has 4 GB VRAM; check the GPU graph Performance tab in the Task Manager when Photoshop switches to CPU. Does it peak out? 

To begin troubleshooting, test some variables like:

• Unplug any external peripherals & use wired input devices.
  • Temporarily, unplug extra displays & only keep one active at a time. 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Thanks for these suggestions. After I posted this bug report, I upgraded to
25.5. This seemed to help, so that the CPU processing was much less
frequent. I haven't yet upgraded to 25.5.1 but plan to do so soon.

However I'm not using the neural filter vey much at the moment.

Stephen Burch

Wantage, Oxon, UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines