Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photomerge not working after update to PS23

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

not sure if it's just me or if this is a wider bug.

Just updated to PS23 last night on my PC (Win 10, up to date - 21H1 OS build 19043.1288)

Photomerge is not working. The dialog opens and I can select images to merge but then it just opens the first one and has a blank layer entitled "photomerge" below it.

Nothing actually freezes but I can't do anything else until I close the image - which it happily allows me to do.

I've tried with Raw files (.orf) and jpg. Same result every time. I've also restarted the machine since the update with no difference.

After trying, I can only open .orf files by going to open from the File menu within photoshop – not by double clicking on them, nor right clicking and selecting open (with photoshop 2022 as the associated program) not right click and open with photoshop 2022.

Closing the program and restarting solves this until the next time.

(Photomerge in Lightroom is fine but I prefer to use Bridge, ACR and Photoshop)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

PS - also - Spot healing brush – this is working but previously, the selected area was black until 'healed' and then this disappeared once the action was complete. Now the black colour remains until the next action is initiated – even scrolling does it - not sure if this is a new feature or a very minor bug but it's a bit irritating.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photomerge is working fine for me as is the Spot Healing brush, using Photoshop version 23.0 on Windows 10, have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

2021-10-31 12_24_29-Preferences.png

Also try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-10-31 10_46_01-Untitled-1 @ 53.8% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
a good thought.
On opening v23 for the first time I did get the message "Error reading
machine-specific preferences. They will be set to defaults.". But thought
nothing more of it.
However, I've just reset the preferences and it has made no difference.
thanks for the suggestion though - worth a try.
Cheers,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings folder to Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings.old

It can be found here C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022

It will be recreated when you launch Photoshop again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,
I tried that and I also tried using the preferences folder from PS22 but it
made no difference.
No idea - I suspect a glitch installing - but anyway, I've re-installed PS
22.5.2 and everything is working perfectly.
As yet, I don't really need any of the new features - nearly all my editing
is in ACR anyway.
thanks for your efforts though.
Cheers,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this setting file located on an Imac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, no solutions found. Is it really only possibility to downgrade to previous version or have Adobe take this serioulsy and fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not sorted as far as I can tell.

Last week I deleted PS 23, restarted my machibe and re-installed - exactly the same. At least PS22 is still a pretty decent product.

Weird that it only seems to be affecting a few of us. Oh well, might get sorted one day.

Ley me know if you find a solution.

Chris 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photomerge Problelm Solved

I had this problem exactly but before I started moving files around within my Photoshop tab, I took my computer to Best Buy ( I have a geek squad account) and had them "tune it up" first.   I did not tell them I was having a PS problem. they ran several diagnostic programs, deleted unnecessary temp files, checked out all the Win10 updates, also checked and updated all the drivers including  gpu and intel and graphics card drivers as well. After this tune up excercise Photoshop Merge worked fine.  

My problem which sounded exactly like all the other photomerge lock up problems I'm reading here, was not an Adobe problem!  Daryl R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines