Photomerge not working, neither from Lightroom nor from jpg files

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to merge a panorama from 17 images. Neither selecting the images in lightroom and selecting "merge in photoshop" works nor selecting the generated jpg files from my drive via Automate->Photomerge gets the job done. In both cases photoshop freezes completly after a couple of minutes.

I tried with the 23.4 version as well as with the downgraded version 23.3.2 (die to the downgrade recommendation on this Community).

It will start fine, the images are loaded into the layers but after a few minutes the whole program will just freeze completly and nothing happens. I waited for >10min, no results. I am working on a Macbook Pro with M1 Pro Chip and MacOS Monterey.

All I can see on the Photoshop Interface is the grey circle that even stopped turning. The program just complely freezes and no UI elelement is clickable --> force quit.

What is happening?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a sample of the process, which is a text file that I can not attach because it is not a photo... 😉 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @orkomedix, sorry to hear this. Let's try this...

Close Photoshop
Restart the computer
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Photoshop
Restart the computer
Install Photoshop via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
Restart the computer
LaunchPhotoshop
Wait 5 minutes... open Ps and make sure you can open files, save files, etc.  We are trying to get you back to a known, clean state.

After this, try your panomerge process and see if it works.  If not, let us know and we can try another fix.

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines