• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photopainting on iPad - Mixer - type brushes.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to "photopaint" in Photoshop using the mixer brushes and I'd like to do the same on the go using my iPad Pro. So far I haven't seen that capability in any of the mobile app tutorials I've watched. Do any of them utilize mixer brushes like Photoshop CC?

Photoshop Fix has a smoothing brush, but it's not the same, and it's Paint tool just replaces color. Sketch looked promising, but doesn't do the same thing from what I can tell. I want to be able to blend and smear the image to varying degrees with different brush types.

Even something like the Smudge tool would work as long as I could adjust it the same way.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

I do not like IOS but my wife does so we purchased an iPad pro for her and an apple pencil.  From my research the best painting app for the iPad pro with an apple pencil is Procreate.  It is not Adobe software but supports export PSD files. It cost something like $6..  There is a Adobe Photoshop Sketch App it free so you can try that also and Adobe Photoshop Mix. Adobe Draw etc

Here is a link to Adobe Mobile  there may be some good info there.  It look more liks a maze to me then a tree

Adobe mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not like IOS but my wife does so we purchased an iPad pro for her and an apple pencil.  From my research the best painting app for the iPad pro with an apple pencil is Procreate.  It is not Adobe software but supports export PSD files. It cost something like $6..  There is a Adobe Photoshop Sketch App it free so you can try that also and Adobe Photoshop Mix. Adobe Draw etc

Here is a link to Adobe Mobile  there may be some good info there.  It look more liks a maze to me then a tree

Adobe mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

I'm not much of a tablet user I just have a Samsung Galaxy Tab s 8.4  for potable web access.  I'm more a surface pro guy and use a Bluetooth mouse.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo (Affinity Photo on the App Store​) for iOS does this extremely well. It has a Paint Mixer Brush tool that allows you to paint over photos. It supports pressure sensitivity with the Apple Pencil and is extremely responsive. It's heavily optimized for the iPad Pro and a great buy. This app is really impressive as I have very little artistic skill and I've made several photos look like real paintings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 four years after.

Still you can not import brushes in the iPad and you can in Procreate.

A bit shameful for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines