• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos don't transfer to lightroom after photoshop edits

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to 23.4.1 and lightroom classic to 11.4 release. I have an imac os Catalina 10.15.7. I've been running on an older photoshop for a few years and now that I have the new version my photos aren't transferring over to lightroom with their photoshop edits. Generally, I will pull them from lightroom to edit and then I will x it out and it will ask if I want to save first, I say yes then x out of photoshop...it then will be in lightroom with the edits next to the original one. Now it says do I want to save, I say yes and it says I can't because write access was not granted. I saw in another forum that I need to change my file handling to 'never save' and I did that but that doesn't fix it. When I change it back it pull up a box to save it to creative cloud or to the desktop...but I don't see anywhere to have it save to lightroom. I saw another forum that said to flatten the image, but that din't work either.  Anyone have any other ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In Catalina, look at your system preferences under Privacy and Security, click on the Privacy tab and check to see if Photoshop has Full Disk Access. If it doesn't, unlock your preferences (gold lock in bottom left corner) and click the box next to Photoshop, hit the lock button again and close your preferences and restart.

Let us know if that works or if it is still happening?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, that did not work. I had also just not done any photoshop work and tried to export the files and now that says the specified folder is not writeable”…do you think these 2 problems have any connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. I have two thoughts. Did you also give Lightroom access? Try that and restart and see if it works. If not, then go back and uncheck both Lightroom and Photoshop, and restart. 

Let us know what happens!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I did lightroom, photoshop and bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we are in the right place, but the wrong tab. Try this:

"Go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. You can add Photoshop to the Accessibility list under the Privacy tab and grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access."

I found the above info at this post if you would like to read it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-asking-to-allow-access-to-d...

Let me know how it goes?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines