• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos edited in Photohop, then saved, and Imported back to lightroom coming in Desaturated and Flat

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started today.

I work on a photo(s) in lightroom (Raw Photos).

Open the photo(s) in Photoshop and work on them there.

Save photo in photoshop - which then imports it back into lightroom for final touches.

HOWEVER, the file that comes back into Lightroom is desaturated, flat, looks very weird.

If I save the photo a 2nd time in photoshop, it will then come into lightroom correctly.

No idea what might be happening - anyone?  thank you for any help! 

I am attaching 2 images, the first one is how it comes back into lightroom on the first save. The 2nd one after I save a 2nd time comes in correctly.   

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug in the previous version in which, resetting preferences in Photoshop was a fix.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-colors-shift-when-going-from-lrc-to...

However, the bug messes up the embedded profiles from the edited images from Photoshop. So you'll need to open them in Photoshop and Assign the ICC profile you selected in the LR preferences (Edit In Photoshop prefs). So if you asked for say, Adobe RGB (1998), you'll need to open those images and use Assign Profile command, pick Adobe RGB (1998). Now they should preview correctly. 

Make sure after seeing the above URL if this is your issue, update and then fix the affected images. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - thank you so much - glad I am not crazy!  I'll try this and report back here tomorrow if it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, that worked - I just did it - thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines