• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos show loss of detail

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a closer look at the loss of detail on the neck. The first photo is a white spot where the details have lost most of the details. The second photo is the original image. The photo is post-processing.

I have been in contact with the advanced technical department of adobe to deal with this problem for more than half a year, and the technical personnel have not been able to solve this problem. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Discussion is welcome001.jpgGrey and sisely 001-3.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post-processing what? You need to tell us what we're looking at.

You need to view both at 100% to compare. In Photoshop, 100% has nothing to do with size. It means one image pixel is represented by exactly one screen pixel. It's the only way to see an entirely correct representation of the pixel structure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The details on the neck If you look carefully, you will find that the details of the first picture appear white spots\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the light squares in your processed image which may be GPU artifacts, but before going further please :

a. Show both images at 100% zoom.

b. Confirm what processing you have carried out

c. Try the processing again but with your GPU disabled in Preferences > Performance - you will need to restart Photoshop after disabling it.

If c. helps then please supply your information by going to Help >System info and clicking on Copy. Then paste the info here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe engineering has given me C advice. But the problem still persists If everyone thinks it's a cropping problem, I can provide two more original photos. Freddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it was a cropping problem, it looks like a GPU tiling issue. 100% view has nothing to do with cropping and everything to do with the way Photoshop calculates previews.

Can you supply your System info as per (c) above

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU has been updated by the tech department

freddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the GPU through the adobe team, tried different Photoshop versions, and did some other additional processing, please forgive me some professional processing methods I don't quite understand, because I'm not too technically minded clear

Freddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've scaled the image down, so of course there's going to be a loss of detail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He didn't lose details because of cropping, the original image itself had white spots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white area looks to me like it's just blown highlights, which is a lighting issue. The details were never there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you zoom in on the photo you'll see the white dots it's of course important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@冠穎0101 wrote:

The first photo is a white spot where the details have lost most of the details. The second photo is the original image. The photo is post-processing.

Two people have asked you how you processed the file. Can you tell us that? 

8570583B-3C40-4588-9913-08197C2819D1.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard of dodge&burn? It is a professional technique for treating skin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@冠穎0101 wrote:

Have you heard of dodge&burn? It is a professional technique for treating skin

Hi @冠穎0101 ,

How are you using dodge and burn?

Are you doing any other processing?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic processing of highlights and shadows, and color mixing to achieve color consistency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is extremely vague and ambiguous.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those white dots aren't just on the neck it's on every photo I post-process I don't quite understand if this happened to you? I've never had it before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are obviously not interested in giving either the system info that has been requested or the detailed processing steps, also requested twice, that may allow people to help you.

For that reason, I'm out of this one.

Good luck

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what kind of system information you want me to provide? Computer system? What kind of information about the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@冠穎0101 wrote:

I don't know what kind of system information you want me to provide? Computer system? What kind of information about the software?

@davescm wrote:

If c. helps then please supply your information by going to Help >System info and clicking on Copy. Then paste the info here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@冠穎0101 wrote:

• In Photoshop, go to the Help menu
  • Choose the command "System Info"
  • Click Copy
    (this will copy the system info Dave asked for)
  • Return to the forum
  • In a Reply window, use the shortcut Ctrl+V to Paste what you copied

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find an option to help but I can provide system information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines