• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 Fonts are Wickedly Stretched

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime i add a new text layer in photoshop cc 2017 they are about 20% taller than they should be. and the character palette shows everything to be set properly (see below).

Anyone else running into this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

The only thing i see right off hand is the All Caps is enabled which could be the cause of the issue.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing i see right off hand is the All Caps is enabled which could be the cause of the issue.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eeh not so fast, solvy mcsolverson.

I am having the same issue. Also notice the form of the "O" even if the font were all caps, there'd be no reason for it to be stretched like that.

I'll keep looking for another answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try to reset the the character from Windows> Character> check the hamburger lines> Reset character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Character fixed the problem for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

What font has the issue?

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been having the same problem for a couple of years now. All of my fonts within both Photoshop and Illustrator are stretched. I have Photoshop version 21.2.3 on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1. Everything in the character panel looks normal to me, and I've tried reseting the character to no avail. 

Please help! It's driving me absolutely crazy.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.38.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.39.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emilydove144 

Have you tried updating your version of Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app, "Photoshop 22.x and earlier have not been tested for compatibility with macOS Monterey (version 12)" as per the below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! I just updated and restarted but nothing has changed. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same problem for ages. Now I discovered the reason why all my fonts got stretched.

Character stretched.png

Just check that the height and width of your characters are always set at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines