Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (2019) cant just open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been unable to simply use Photoshop for a few months now. I actually resubscribed by the end of last year and could use it once without any problems, but when I tried to open it the second time around it just wouldn't open and it's been like this ever since. The app icon is like jumping for a second and a half in the menu bar, then it fades and nothing happens. Now that I need to use it again it's become quite problematic...

I kept the 2019 PS version (20.0.8) since the MacOS I have aint compatible with the latest ones, but I doubt it has anyhting to do with this as I didn't meet any problems before...And most threads I've come accross dont tackle this issue, most of the time it's more about PS malfunctioning while  open.

Thx for your help !

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences as per this article

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaning tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Photoshop version 2019 is not available from the Creative Cloud app but you can download it from here

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer,

I actually tried all of the opreations :

- Manual reset of preferences didn't help Photoshop start, so I downloaded Adobe Cleaning Tool and applied it to Photoshop,

-from there I downloaded the 2019 20.0.1 version with the link you provided but the installation fails, I'm getting an error message (code 41) stating that the program couldn't access some important file or folder... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2022-04-10 09_12_25-Fix download, install, or update errors for your Adobe apps — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines