Photoshop 202 extremely slow compare to cs

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 extremely slow weather to open psd or workflow while same my pc on cs5/6 so fast
also the idea of exporting no shortcut for quick export or same cs6 which more so slow while waiting 15sc to just open and save png 
i tried all photoshop vertions from v22.0 to v23.5
especialy v23.5 worse / no scrubby zoom
my rams 112 GB!
GPU K5000 Nvidia gtx X2
CPU 12 Cores x 2.90GHz
windows10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the performance of the computer, Photoshop itself has become heavy.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-23-3-is-slow-and-heavy/idi-p/128...
This thread reports the underlying weight of Photoshop at the moment, but there is no improvement yet.

Photoshop can be classified into CS6 / cc2014, 2015, 2015.5 / cc2017, cc2018 / cc2019 / cc2020 / cc2021 and 2022, based on speed or stable.
CS6 was really stable and fast, perfect version. no reason.
And Until 2015.5 version, you can feel "fast" "immediately".
So if you want fast speed, but want CC version you have to use CC2015.5

2017,2018 is normal. However, starting in 2019, the speed began to decrease as the synthetic engine changed.
2020 is not bad, but there are many bugs except 21.0.3

And 2021 was honestly too slow. 2022 has improved a little compared to that, but it still doesn't perform as well as it did four to five years ago.

So What i'm saying is.. That's not your computer's problem.
And There's nothing we can do about 2021 and 2022 versions. It's just slow.
If you want something as fast as CS6, you should consider at least the 2018 version, and I strongly recommend the 2015.5 version.
If you need the latest functions, I recommend 2020 (21.0.3), but I won't recommend it............

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i read your post same mine almost ,actully we paying monthly for that, other people cracking and hacking and they are happier by their cs6 or old cc
must be the develpors check this issues asap i dont know how they didn see it .all the devices and people facing this hanging whatever the device perfomance 
at least put old vertions as cs5 or cs6 for our accounts

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

honestly, I don't know nothing about programming and code and that Adobe's developers are hard working on it now. I am always grateful for their hard work.
But... I do miss photoshop from cs3, cs4, cs5, cs6.
It was really fast, stable, and there was no lag even if I made hundreds of layers. (Despite the 4gb RAM on the computer at the time)
But you can't do that in the current Photoshop.
Of course, people who have Photoshop as a job like me somehow change their workflow...
It is best to simplify the layer as much as possible, avoid using pixel-based masking as much as possible, and try to use the oldest and simplest method.
I've heard the same story tens of thousands of times with novices starting Photoshop.
"Why my photoshop is so slow?"
At some point (actually since 2018), Photoshop is already recognized as a slow, heavy program for the public.
Many benchmark sites say upgrading computer specifications will improve this much, but Who's been doing the photoshop and just exporting without doing anything else? 
There was only one thing I felt and experienced while using Photoshop for more than 10 years and being put into the actual work site.
There was no big difference according to the specifications of the computer. Of course, if Ram is relaxed, he can feel better even if he uploads various pictures at the same time.
But honestly... There is not much difference between CPU and GPU. The difference I'm talking about is the difference in the actual work. Shortening export speed is just a number play....
This is also related to the representative claim that the responsiveness has accelerated with the release of the m1 series.
Photoshop is currently slow to boot up using m.2 nvme as well as ssd.
But as you know, the speed of Photoshop in the CS series is the speed of Photoshop currently running in the m1,m2 series.. 😃
I don't know. I will test it in my studio as soon as new products from Intel and Ryzen and Nvidia and Radeon are released this time. I can predict the outcome, but...
(Because even when the Intel 12th generation and the Ryzen 5000 series were already released, they tested the difference in softness in actual workflows and whether they could perform as much as the old CS6 Photoshop. I tried to boost the RAM over clock and CPU clock to the fullest)

I want Photoshop to come back to its original state. As Adobe's Customer, user, fan...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines