Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Camera Raw menu is black

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I've just updated my mac to Catalina and Photoshop to 2020 and now I seemingly can't edit my camera's RAW files. On first opening Photoshop, my whole screen was blank, but managed to solve that by going into Preferences-Performance-Advanced-Turn off graphics processor. I then tried to open a RAW file and now that menu is all black (see attached image). I read a recommendation to do the same thing in Preferences - Camera Raw menu, but that menu, too, is completely blacked out. From someone else's image I saw where the right check box is and have unchecked it, but has made no difference.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop. As per the screenshots you have shared, you are using Camera Raw version 10.5 while the latest version of Camera Raw is 12.2.1. Please check if you ave an update for Camera raw available in the Creative Cloud desktop app. If not, then please download and install the latest version of Camera Raw from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message, Nikunj. I've just checked Creative Cloud and it says Camera Raw's up to date...Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 15.43.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot! If you hover your mouse over Camera Raw in the card does it say 12.2.1? If not, please try installing the latest camera raw version using the installer in the link shared earlier.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i had the same issue and the link you provided helped me perfectly, but i am having the same exact issue with the lens correction option. Any help there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm now experiencing the same issue but I'm up to date on 13.2. Any advice?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.46.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this topic is now a few years old but I have found a way of fixing this which worked for me in 2022. Without PS running, right-click on the app and select 'get info'. In the 'general' section, tick the box to select "open in low resolution". Close that window and open Photoshop. Personally, I can't see any difference in performance but I am just a casual user, power editors might be able to notice. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wheere does it say "Open in low res?" attached is all i get 

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 19.51.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines