Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020: Greyed out files/folders macOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I upgraded to CC2020 and I am finding that when I navigate to place a file from within PS, the files are grey out out. They are actually accessible if I click on them, and I have found that if I right click, the files revert to normal, but it is annoying.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing same problem. Very odd, it's been like this for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me - Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 GHz 12-Core 160GB Big Sur 11.3

Affects all Adobe Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running Big Sur. 

If I wait long enough, some files will eventually "fill in" as viable instead of greyed, but even there, the behavior is inconsistent: some only activate if I select them directly. The lagtime is disconcerting considering the processing speed of my laptop. It's like the app has to index my menus and determine file types every time I do an open from the app.  

Concerned why this thread is 2-years old and no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are stored on my hard drive in Documents subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter... on the HD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click "size" two times...they will "pop" into full opaqueness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I grew so used to this problem that it eventually became invisible to me. That said, it looks now like I also have the initially gray / then black performance. Which . . . I guess? is an improvement? Though I have the feeling even this is unpredictable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is Apple, not Adobe. I get it in many apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and solved by clicking on the open cloud document button, it then gave me the options to select "On your computer" and it opened up the finder window and they were't greyed out anymore!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is help me too fit Greyed out files/folders macOS, I have the same issue, and I found this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

I hope every help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem: Mac OS 12.0.1, Photoshop 2022 23.0.2 Release

I was happily able to use Save for Web yesterday, but today get a permissions error when attempting to save. Makes no difference whether it is attempting to save to the Downloads folder or a folder on DropBox. Other Adobe apps can save without a problem though!

Photoshop was updated to 23.0.2 two days ago - although that shouldn't be the problem because I could Save For Web yesterday.

Photoshop Export As works fine - but I prefer Save For Web - I don't like the quality settings on Export, Save For Web is more fine-tunable. If Save For Web is in still in Photoshop then it should function properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines