Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020: Greyed out files/folders macOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I upgraded to CC2020 and I am finding that when I navigate to place a file from within PS, the files are grey out out. They are actually accessible if I click on them, and I have found that if I right click, the files revert to normal, but it is annoying.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too.  I am now using Big Sur.  Was this problem ever resolved?  It's very annoying as it makes it hard to read the file names.

Thanks,

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given Photoshop access to your harddrive in the System Preferences?

JeffreyTranberry_0-1635300845236.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

I am using OSX High Sierra and Photoshop 2020 and I'm not seing what you mentioned. 

Are you on OSX Catalina? 

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and it seem to be affecting all of the apps in the Adobe Suite, too. Running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I'm on CC2020 and running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply I am running CC20 on Catalina.

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm having the same problem, it's very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate, unfortunately, we don't know which version Mark was running when he experienced the problem, and yourself as well.
Are you also running Catalina?
Can you check in Help>About Photoshop for the version number of Photoshop? If you are not running the latest version, 21.1.1, you should update as the bug might have been fixed.

So does it only happen when using File>Place?

Does it occur everytime?

If you are in 21.1.1 and it occurs all the time, please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I'm running Catalina, my Photoshop Elements has only been installed for maybe 4-6 weeks, it's a new Mac and a new Photoshop, I was previously running Elements 15 on my older Mac.  When I open a file from Photoshop some of the images are greyed out and some aren't, I'm still able to access them ok but they aren't clear to see so I have to continously sort the files by 'name' for them to appear properly, does that make sense?Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 16.21.51.pngScreenshot 2020-04-10 at 16.22.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 16.27.35.pngsorry I forgot to add this photo in my last reply, this is what mine look like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm am on Catalina and last PS 2020 version, everything is updated and I
get greyed out files on File-> Open

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys. I too am having the same problem, affecting all Adobe Apps on Catalina (10.15.4). All Adobe Apps are updated and current (as of 20 April). Not terrible in the grand scheme of things but a little annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, with all of the Adobe CC 2020 Apps I use, running on macOS Catalina 10.15.4, it doesn't affect performance, it's just the annoyance of going through a dimmed folders path every time I open a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.18.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

• Photoshop 21.2.0
  • OSX 10.15.5

This has been a real buggy release. That AND Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening. Annoying as heck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem since I got a new MBP16 7 months ago. Seems to be affecting the entire Adobe suite and also some other non-apple applications like Chrome for instance.

Any Apple App I've tested works fine, so does Cinema 4D.

It would be great to have a solution as it's very irritating indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do a search, you'll find this issue covered a bazillion times. You have to set your permissions and access to allow apps to access your drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem exists with permissions :Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.57.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm afraid that hasn't fixed it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A bazillion time!" - yeah great... still didn't fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A bazillion timeS"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone has yet found a solution to the problem of accessible files grayed out in Photoshop. Just upgraded to PS 2021, using Catalina OS 10.15.17, and the problem persists.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.24.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines