• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 not recognizing pen pressure for Huion Tablet

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right so my problem is this: I have a Huion Inspiroy Q11K Tablet. It works fine and dandy with other programs, but does not work with Photoshop 2020. I have updated drivers, I have reinstalled Photoshop, and I have unchecked Windows Ink. Nothing has worked at all. I would appreciate any help that does not refer to a wacom tablet or windows ink enabled, please!!

I just want Photoshop to recognize my tablet and use pen pressure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

In previous versions, you could control pen pressure either through Windows Ink or through Wintab.  With the current version of Photoshop you need to use Windows Ink.

To do that :

1. In your tablet properties make sure the tablet is set to use Windows Ink.

2. If you have previously use PSUserConfig.txt to stop Photoshop from using Windows Ink and force it to use WinTab, then you need to remove that text file.

3. Following 1 and 2 - close and restart Photoshop.

That's it - your tablet should no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with pen pressure while using your Huion tablet with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you are using. Did you start facing this issue after the latest Photoshop update? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

Adobe does not test or officially support Huion tablets. You can check out some of the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

If the issue still persists, we would request you to contact Huion support.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions, you could control pen pressure either through Windows Ink or through Wintab.  With the current version of Photoshop you need to use Windows Ink.

To do that :

1. In your tablet properties make sure the tablet is set to use Windows Ink.

2. If you have previously use PSUserConfig.txt to stop Photoshop from using Windows Ink and force it to use WinTab, then you need to remove that text file.

3. Following 1 and 2 - close and restart Photoshop.

That's it - your tablet should now work through the Windows Ink interface.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked, I'm amazed. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Today I've faced with the same issue. I have Huion Kamvas gt-221 Pro. In ZBrush pen pressure works but in Photoshop doesn't... I have latest version of tablet drivers and latest version of Photoshop... Step 1 and 2 I did like you mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, davescm, works also for HUION Q11K!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a solution for Macbook Pro 2019, with the BigSur update version? Same thing is happeing, there is pen pressure enable and it works through Photoshop (recent version too,and this year's 2021), however my driver doesn't work at all and says it's disconnected. Tried every single troubleshooting step out bthere for this and have even specficially have looked on FAQ and troubleshooting areas on Huion's website for the KAMVAS 20 (2018) model, and absolutely nothing works. Even tried ordering a new usb cord for the tablet monitor and tried different usb outlets, as there are 3 outlet /ports on my usb-c hub, butn that even didn't work either. I've also tried installing other driver versions and same result. Others with this kamvasn monitor model, and the kamvas 16 and 19 are having the same problem too.... Of course main question was, is there a solution or workaround to change the pen pressure inside of photoshop rather than the tablet monitor driver itself.(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @sophied353 is there a Big Sur compatible driver for your tablet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I checked over @ Huion's page and even looked at their compatible drivers section and it said even the Big Sur is compatible with this one and still currently is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am having a similar problem: 

I have a Huion USB pen tablet, model H420 and I'm using it on my MacBook Pro 2019 which is running Big Sur 11.5.2. For the life of me I can't get the pen pressure settings to work in Photoshop 2020. I'm thinking it's a Photoshop issue rather than the driver, because the pen pressure works on online painting programs. 

I've read a ton of answers to this question and many of them have to do with using the Ink pad options -- but I don't have Ink on my computer; I'm not even sure it comes with Big Sur (I looked here and it doesn't offer that as a valid version)...?

I've done all the workarounds I know and have found on various forums: restarted my computer and photoshop, uninstalled and reinstalled the current driver, even installed a previous driver, updated Photoshop, reset the brush tool, etc. 

I am on a deadline and pulling my hair out over this! Anyone have ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having basically the same problem. Pen pressure on my Huion (680S) has always worked fine, but a few years ago it stopped working through Photoshop. Still fine in other programs, testing well in the pen pressure test application. Have both PS and the tablet ticked in accessability settings, pen pressure is selected in shape dynamics... tried everything reccomended. Nothing has worked. I also assume it's a problem with Photoshop rather than the tablet because it worked fine with outdated versions of PS on older computers. Very annoying. 

Did you manage to solve the problem @kg.creative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue. I have tried everything recommended, anything I could possibly think of. Not even the PSUserConfig.txt method that everyone raves about works. Geek Squad couldn't even help me. My pen pressure works with Krita and the tablet driver but not with ANY Adobe apps! This only started happening after my computer forced an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe actually force users to have Windows Ink enabled?  This is not an acceptable fix for those of us that do not want to use Windows Ink.  Windows Ink causes pen lag and other pen interface problems with many other common apps.  For example in google chrome, one is unable to click-hold-drag the scroll bar or click-hold-drag select text.  Using my computer with the pen has run great since turning off Windows Ink in my Huion preferences and every other pen control that microsoft thinks helps people.  Windows Ink actually hinders proffessional artists.  Please provide a method for legacy behavior of the pen ASAP.  I will be staying in 2021 until this is resolved.  Do you consult any proffessionals before making these rediculous changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even other Adobe apps suffer with Pen interface problems while Windows Ink is enabled.  For example in Adobe Bridge, selecting multiple files with Cltrl+Click causes massive lag.  It takes 30 seconds to simply select a second file; Disabling Windows Ink in my Huion prefs eliminates the lag.  Another example in Adobe Bridge: one is unable to click-hold-drag select text for renaming files and folders.

Please provide lagecy behavior for users who do not wish to use Windows Ink asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, false alarm.  We can continue to use the 'PSConfig.text' workaround that we have been using for the previous versions of PS.  

create a txt file containing:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

and save it here:

C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings

and disable Windows Ink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

work for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! For whatever reason, I could not get PS and Windows Ink to cooperate. I applied the old-fashioned PSUserConfig.txt method to Photoshop 2023 and it still works like magic. Perfect pressure sensitivity and no input lag on my Kamvas Pro 24. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well in Windows 11 + Photoshop 2023, just make sure the filename is "PSUserconfig.txt"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked . Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working on your system but just for interest, I use a Wacom Intuos Pro with Windows Ink here with no issues. I used to force Wintab but have used Windows ink for the last few releases.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My q11k tablet is not the size of a wacom bamboo, photoshop worked on other computers with less ram and were 16 years old, why does it think my huion 8x14 tablet is a wacom 3x4? I bought a dell optiplex i-5 quad with 16 mb ram and the huion size is not allowed on win 10 to work at its size I have a drawing area of the smallest bamboo wacom why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think that Adobe has no choice, Wintab is obsolete technology, and might be unsupported in the future...

See this thread about a developper trying to solve wintab issues: https://krita.org/en/item/anatomy-of-a-bug-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Are The Man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of hassle, it worked for my Huion Kamvas 24(4K). Thanks!!!

Ignacio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines