Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 not registering every touch of wacom pen

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently started having a problem where photoshop seems not to recognise the occasional brush stroke. It's probably about 1 in 10 strokes that it ignores, and seems to be more of a problem doing more detailed strokes. It's incredibly frustrating as it takes me out of the flow when painting.

I believe the problem must have started with one of Photoshop's automatic updates.

The tablet is a wacom Intuos pro (around 2014/15) and I am running PS 2020.

The tablet works as normal on other softwares, and I have updated and reinstalled the drivers to no avail.

I have deleted all my preferences, tried reinstalling Photoshop + done a variety of other methods of fixing pressure/ tablet issues, again, all to no avail.

I'm on Windows 10.

I'm currently downloading an old version of PS, which hopefully will temporarily solve the issue, but I'd really like to be using the latest version.

Many thanks in advance,

Chester

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop as well as updated my Wacom drivers. It's starting to seriously impede my ability to work, as everything takes that bit longer.
I'm probably missing one in every 4 brush strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, but in my case, none of my strokes are being recognized.   I can see the pen tip indicator move about on my screen as I maneuver it, but the strokes are not being applied.   I actually thought I had missed something in carrying out a specific technique.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I solved this problem thanks to this video in the end -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nL10xGIA_s

Windows ink clashes terribly with photoshop and wacom. It's a mystery why
this hasn't been properly resolved but hopeful this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines