Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

Photoshop 2020 is constantly crashing after about 10mins of use. I updated it to the latest version yesterday but I am still getting the same problem. I am back using the 2019 version with no problems, other than my files are saved on the Adobe cloud and 2019 version cannot work off cloud documents. Each time it crashes (Photoshop is not responding) I force it closed and when I restart it, all of the settings and tabs that I put where I like and any extensions etc are gone. It's like the program is opening for the first time each time it crashes. It's really getting on my nerves. I am using a fairly new MacBook Pro with an upgraded processor etc so the hardware is definitely not the issue. 

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

»all of the settings and tabs that I put where I like and any extensions etc are gone.«

Did you save your Workspace (and other customized presets like Brushes, Patterns, …)?

If so they should still be available. 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Please also see this: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with PS 2020 v21.1.2 freezing after about 10 mins of use. I have to 'force quit' and after re-opening it is impossible to recover the lost work. After about 3-4 freeezes and force quits, the application will not re-open at all which has made it  impossible to me to edit any work since the latest upograde was issued. I am using a 27in iMac late 2013 running the latest update of Catalina update:10.15.4, memory:16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Loading old versions of PS v20.0.9 and v19.1.9 results in the same problem - application freezing/force quit. Might this be a compatibility issue with the latest Catalina update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the live Chat to Adobe twice and they went through several options, changing settings etc. And in the end the person on the chat told me that there is some issues with Photoshop 2020 on OS Catalina and they are working on resolving it. So basically there is nothing I can do until adobe fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Damn! It is impossible to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I your problem is quite common. It could be a ram or virtual memory problem. Have you tried increasing the available memory for the application from the settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I went through all of the different settings with an Adobe Representetive and in the end he told me that Adobe is having major crash issues on MacOS Catalina. 
I don't know why he didn't say that at the start and saved me the time. 

it's a joke at this stage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting quite disappointed by Adobe. We pay monthly, our money are real, so we want to work for real. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Big Sur and having the same issue. Cannot work with it crashing every 10 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's not that as I'm having this problem on a Alienware Gaming rig and I didn't have this problem back on my old Dell Inspiron which has much lower ram.

Just now, I've tried 3 times to edit 1 photo and it will lock up before I can get past my first step of leveling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows and it's just as much a wreck. I've reached out so many times it's not even funny; They make it worse than better. It's to the point we're paying for a completely busted program. The price vs. the utterly broken program is abhorrent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly at this point it should be free untill they fix this. Its very stressful and it's not like the monthly payments are cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really sad state of a once great company, Adobe now sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tired of this happening also. May be the last straw. Capture One is looking better and better. Adobe Ps keeps taking steps backward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a single 55mb image. No other programs running. Tried to save and nothing happens. You would think a Mac with 32gb RAM would be enough. Photoshop and Bridge are getting laggier with each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is literally going to give me cancer, and I do know what literally means. In a matter of 8 hours, it crashes like 30-50 times a day. I am loosing so much money, I am paying for it + I am losing so much time so I am losing even more money. if it was a cracked version then I would have at least said ok so it's cracked that's why it's like that, but no its not the cracked version. I am literally so angry I will punch through my monitor one of these days and I would have lost even more money. I really don't want to be an ass and bi*ch about these problems all the time but honestly, when is adobe going to only charge me the amount which comes out of my bank? the computer is in prime condition, its all up to date, its not overheating, and on top of all that I am not even editing heavy things they are jpg off of websites. 

so help me god the minute there is the next best option I am moving and no I don't care the problem could be this or that, come up with real f*cking solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clear your cache and your scratch disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the most effective way to clear both the cache and scratch disc (on an iMac 27in)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same; I'm right there with you. I wish I could help and no one of these "fixes" people have suggested actually work; It's with the programing itself, not our computers.

I'm using a PC, so what are they going to say? The exact same issue just happens to be happening to both of our separate operating systems along with thousands of other people?

If nothing else, misery loves company and I'm right in the same boat with'ya. And for the record, you don't sound like a bit**, you sound like an experienced person who's time is worth the world. Someone who's exacerbated and losing money from losing time. I commend you for speaking up and out. Keep on going and when I find a solution, I'll immediately let you know, if I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got so tired of the same problem, I decided to dump my 2014 iMac with 32GB RAM and 3 TB storage and bought an Asus Zenbook. It seems that now Apple has upgraded their hardware and permissions Abobe hates the older machines and premission protocalls. I'm not willing to pay $$$ for a powerful Mac anymore.

Spent over an hour with Adobe tech to fix the problem on my iMac -- giving them remote access and they could not solve the problem either. 🤬😡👿

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They never did fix my problem. I spent over an hour, four separate times within the span of a week and they never did fix it. I finally went to billing and asked for credit. This happens more than it doesn't.

The obvious money grab wouldn't be as disgusting if it wasn't for the programs never actually working correctly. My sympathies to you, I'm sorry you had to go through this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines