Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 - Vanishing Point laggy, can't use it

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I found big issue with using Vanishing Point on the newest version of photoshop 2020 (21.0.0 Release) in previous version everything was smooth. You can't use it because, when you paste the object is very laggy and you can't move object or scale it. Video below:
https://youtu.be/GA6ff9MHmoo
System
High Sierra
Mac Pro 5.1 2010
3,33 ghz 6 core
48GB RAM 1333mhz
RX 580 8GB
Scratch disk on 1TB NVME disk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Vanishing Points in Photoshop 2020 are lagging and making the app unusable. 

Could you please update to the latest version 21.0.1 of Phososhop and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vanishing Point is completely broken.

Macbook Pro (2017)

Running PS version 21.0.1

As you can see in this attached image I can draw the grid (over the license plate holder) but once I paste the image I plan on inserting it gets stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. Nothing works when attempting to move it... 

It's dead folks.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 7.13.45 PM.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Vanishing Points in Photoshop 2020 are lagging and making the app unusable. 

Could you please update to the latest version 21.0.1 of Phososhop and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming the same issue, running 21.0.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... update to the latest version have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem with the realese 21.0.1 in a imac CATALINA 10.15.1!!!

Can you help???

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me too! Running Catalina 10.15.1 and PS 21.0.1. Can you please fix ASAP! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry that the issue still persists after the 21.0.1 update of Photoshop. 

Could you please turn on the Legacy Compositing option in Performance preferences?
Choose Edit > Preferences > Performance (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Performance (macOS). Select Legacy Compositing. Quit and relaunch Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabled Legacy Compositing, restarted - same problem.  It not only lags, it's unusable.  Running Mojave 10.14.6 on a MacPro w/ v21.0.1.  And when this issue does get resolved, it would be nice if the transform functioned the same as Free Transform.  Why should the shift key need to be held in VP to cconstrain proportions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get transform results to occur in real time when object is placed on a plane - but I did notice that if I zoom AFTER I've transformed, while still in the VP tool, the transform has occurred. Not sure if it helps troubleshoot, but I use VP every day in my work, and I'm getting REALLY frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did that and did'nt work.

Can you solve the problem!

Thanks!

Pilar Galveia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Do you have already a solution for this problem?

I use vanishing point every day, so, that is a big problem for me!

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the Vanishing Point!!! It's a very important tool in my work!!!

I work with macOS High Sierra!!

Please HELP!! This is the time of the year when I REALY NEED THIS TOOL!!!!

Thanks

Leonor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming the exact same problem after following the recommended steps and updating to the most recent version of PS. Please fix asap as I need this function nearly every day for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is this fixed yet? You'll appreciate that people use this feature for their business and commercial purposes, so every day this isn't fixed, you're costing us time, productivity and ultimately $$. This is a HURRY UP. It's been OVER A MONTH and you guys seem to not be able to get your **** together. Excuse my frustration, but seriously...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem...
Please do something with this ASAP...!

Regards,

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great to hear the engineer team is working on this issue.  It's odd that such a huge feature in PS v21 was not tested before it was released.  It's also slightly rediculous that you are asking your customers to "see if this helps...".  First, change settings to legacy, then update to the latest version.  Does Adobe Support not have a subscription so they can check to see if something works before asking us to "see if this help"???  I thought that's what you got paid for.

Obviously, there are many of us that would appreciate a fix for this.  Please, next time just give us the fix and not a TRY THIS solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same!

MacBook Pro

15-inch, 2017

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core

16 GB 2133

Mac Os Ventura 13.4.

Photoshop 21.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Completely unusable due to lag. Mohave with 12.0.1 update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay in our response.

We have our Engineering team reviewing this issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-2020-vanishing-point-not-updating-w...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary workaround:  toggle back to the arrow tool after every adjustment you make with the transform tool in order for the effect to be visible. This is still super annoying but for those of you who need this tool regularly it's good enough to get by.

Also, as mentioned above, while Adobe is fixing this issue, the transform tool within VP should have the same constraint settings at the reglar free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, Akash - however this is not a workaround.  I just tried selecting the arrow tool, and yes the image being altered updates.  However, when you select another tool and attempt to transform or move - it is pretty much imposible to control what happens with that image being pasted.  I'm sure all of us subscribers in the Adobe community would simply appreciate VP being completely corrected so we can use it  - and not a "workaround" that doesn't work.  Sorry my frustration is leaking into my reply, but it's been a few months since PS2020 has been released and a month since someone posted this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching back and forth from arrow to transform tool "works" but is still unusable in that it's not practical to use that way. I had to re-install Photoshop 2019 and using that until there is a fix.

Please Adobe let's get this fixed pronto! This should have never occurred in the first place. Adobe is posting billion-dollar record profits and should easily be able to afford and hire the best engineering talent to release the best, bug-free software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines