Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 22.4.1 crashes if integrated graphics device is enabled

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop 2021 started crashing just few seconds (20/30 seconds) after the startup, even without opening any project.

I updated all of my graphics drivers, tried to force using Graphic processor (GTX 960M) and to force using only the integrated graphics. I tried to reset preferences, reinstall the software after cleaning all cached files. Nothing.

Randomly, I decided to completely disable my integrated graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 530) from the Device Manager and Photshop magically does not crash anymore.

That's a solution but I don't like having my GPU working alone.

I can share with you the stacktrace (the software usually crash without letting me report, sometimes instead I had the occasion to copy the report)

Thank you 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea2475048765ys, sorry to hear this. Are you able to upgrade the lastest version of Ps? Does this still happen then?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I am obliged to use this specific version of Ps at the moment. It always worked great too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea2475048765ys

How do you mean when you write, "I don't like having my GPU working alone". 

Generally integrated graphics are so you can have a display in the event you Don't have a dedicated GPU, which it sounds like you do. When working with your GPU, and having your monitor connected to the GPU, you're actually not using the Integrated Graphics card much, if at all. 

It could be that a driver update the IG card might have a conflict in it and was causing the issues, in which case changing to a different drive could help, or disabling will do the trick. Seems you've done the latter (well done!) and that ultimately will be just fine. 

On the Ps side, we don't utilize multiple GPUs even if present.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a weird situation to explain but I'll try my best: my notebook has a GeForce GTX 960M other than an Intel HD Graphics 530 (that is what I meant for "integrated").

I was doing some research for my specific error that I retrieved in the exception stacktrace and I found (I don't remember where) that someone had some Intel compatibility problem (also mentioned in the stacktrace). At that point, I already had updated all NVIDIA drivers, so I tried updating Intel drivers. Nothing changed until I tried to disable my Intel HD Graphics 530 from Device Manager (Windows 10) and that did the trick. Right now, that's the only way I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines