• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021, Blur Tool still has no colored preview for resizing, now for a whole year.

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug seems to a hangover  from the release of 2021, when the colored "heads-up" preview was disabled completely on all tools for a while. For some reason it was never re-activated on the Blur Tool.  The other two tools in the same set, the Smudge and Sharpen tools do have a preview, like all the other painting tools in Photoshop they are working correctly.

So its now impossible to resize the brush and see its size, even the circular preview no longer exists, you have to use the smudge tool as a substitute.     

_______

Before anyone is thinking "who uses the BLUR tool these days?" I'll tell you who - me. It is still used (as are the smudge) for very slightly softening mask edges, used lightly and painrted to interactively control sharpness of these masked edges for compositing. The only feasable work-around is to blur the whole mask and repaint completely sharp areas back in with the history brush. Or use the smudge (which im guessing most people are doing)    

Please sort this bug out, thank you. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be working for me:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1632250220887.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines