• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 can not save issue

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How annoying this bug is: "Could not save as “file name.psd” because of a program error."

We have tried everything and the only thing that worked was to revert back to the oldest version of Photoshop on Creative Cloud - and now that isn't working anymore. There is no possible way that Adobe can expect you to work locally and not save to a server as stated on other posts. We have people working remotely and we need to share files in real time - we have to save to the server. Not to mention that working on the desktop doesn't get backed up off site - or even locally.

It is a lot of wasted time having to save as a new name, and then relink every time - while generating multitudes of useless files such as "Adobe Photoshop 202249374944058997". Wrong files get trashed when people go back in to clean up folders.

Has anyone found a real solution?

Is it me or is it weird that the official fix is "don't use our new software, roll back our old software"...

This has been happening for over a year or so. Do we get a discount for not being able to use the software we all pay a small fortune to use? 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»the only thing that worked was to revert back to the oldest version of Photoshop on Creative Cloud - and now that isn't working anymore.«

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

»There is no possible way that Adobe can expect you to work locally and not save to a server as stated on other posts.«

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

»Do we get a discount for not being able to use the software we all pay a small fortune to use?«

Adobe does, to the best of my knowledge, not reimburse users even when actual bugs affect their work. 

And you are using the software in a manner Adobe recommends against, so … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! And the links. 

I did read through these answers - I have been fighting this issue for a couple of years. 

»There is no possible way that Adobe can expect you to work locally and not save to a server as stated on other posts.«

I know it says that you shouldn't work remotely - part of the reason for the comment. Realistically, how can someone have enough room on their computer to make this work? We receive RAW files from photoshoots on hard drives that sometimes are total than 1 TB - and when you start introducing layers, the file sizes balloon. We can't fit the files on our computer and even if we could, we would start running into scratch disk problems. We have had several files lost in transferring files back and forth.  "saving as" with a new name creates multiple copies as people save their progress. Sometimes wrong files get trashed when they go back in to clean up files - sometimes before they get backed up.

And why list these steps to fix it? Why not just say: Won't work?

• Update Photoshop

• Grant Photoshop "Full Disk Access" in macOS System Preferences

• Hide all layers in the Layers panel then Save again

• Roll back to the previous version of Photoshop

»Do we get a discount for not being able to use the software we all pay a small fortune to use?«
This was a joke. Just frustrated that a top-of-the-line software program has an issue as odd as this. Why does Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, After Effects, etc all work fine saving to the server? If those change too, we are in real trouble.

Below is the information about our environment:

Adobe product and version number: Photoshop 22.0 to present

Operating system and version number: Mojave - Monterrey

Error message(s) (if applicable): See Screen Grab

Most computers are this set up - although we have the same issue on mewer macbooks

Model Name: iMac Pro

Model Identifier: iMacPro1,1

Processor Name: 10-Core Intel Xeon W

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 10

L2 Cache (per Core): 1 MB

L3 Cache: 13.8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 128 GB

Sorry for the smug tone - but I don't buy that this is a sustainable, realistic workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work with Photoshop across a network most of the time, too, and when I experience similar issues as you do (which has happened occassionally but I not frequently enough to make it worth the trouble to really dig into figuring out the reason) I accept that it is not up to Adobe to fix it. 

Restarting might help for me in such cases. 

You may have to look into how your network is set up in more detail. 

Or, as a fairly crude work-around, you could try abandoning saving itself and assigning the shortcut to a Script that saves a new file and replaces (or removes) the current »original« file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines