• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 crashes when trying to resize images

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes when trying to resize images. When I reopen, there is no pop up box to report the crash. I've completed the steps below as directed on your website, but nothing has changed.

This problem has gone on for at least a month. My IT department has checked my computers, updated all drivers, etc. and cannot identify a problem on our end.

Please advise.

Again, I have completed the steps below, and this does not fix the problem so that I can submit a crash report.

1. Enter the following command:
    • REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\CRLog /v "Never Ask" /t REG_SZ /d 0
  2. Press the Enter key
  3. If asked “Value Never Ask exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" choose Yes
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Just to confirm, Photoshop crashes, not the entire system?

Try these two steps:

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and click on the "Advanced Settings" button. Uncheck Use OpenCL, restart Photoshop and try your steps to see if the problem persists.

2. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, Photoshop crashes, not the entire system?

Try these two steps:

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and click on the "Advanced Settings" button. Uncheck Use OpenCL, restart Photoshop and try your steps to see if the problem persists.

2. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!  I just got a new computer, and I thought something was wrong with it, or Photoshop after I loaded it.  I did your suggestions, and now, IT WORKS!!  Thank you so mu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're like me, and had no clue where to find Settings and Performance to change this(Hubby finally found it), it is locate under EDIT. All the way down at the bottom, you will find Perfomance.  Click on that, and it will pop up the box that you need.  On the right hand side of the pop up box, you will see a section entitled Graphics Processor Settings.  Under that little section, you will find the box next to Use Graphics Processor.  THAT is the box you want to uncheck.  Hopefully this helps people like me who were looking for a dedicated SETTINGS buttom that doesn't exist.  I am running the current version, Photoshop 22.  I unchecked that box, and Photoshop is working beautifully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so VERY much for your explanation as to where to look to make the changes.  I too have just bought a new laptop.  It is a gaming one with !TB storage and I thought it must be a computer issue. You have saved the day.  VERY appreciative of your posting the "how to find it"..Regards, Lyn O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop crashes, not the system.

Thank you, this seems to have worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Which step above finally fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step fixed it. If it happens again, I'll try step 2.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines