Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 2021 documents opening in small window with scroll bars

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new behavior since I upgraded to PS 2021 (22.5.0). Whenever I open a file, the window shows only 50% of the image, with scroll bars. I have plenty of monitor space to show the whole image. I can double click the title bar to maximize, but previously the whole image would show. Large images would show the whole image at a lower zoom.

Now all images open in a smaller window with scrollbars, always showing about 50% of the image. Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with all images? Wondering if it has to do with the size of the image and the # of pixels on your screen. I'm not able to repro off hand.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue after the most recent update. It happens with every single document I open (even embedded Smart Objects).

@Jeffrey Tranberry  I think I have identified the bug.

Photoshop opens the document at the corret zoom level, but the window always appears at the size it should be on a retina display. This means when I open docuements on my Macbook Pro retina display (OS 11.4), the window is the correct size. When I open documents on my older external display, the zoom level is correct, but the window size is half the size it should be.

So for example a small image will open at 100%, but the window is the size it would be if zoomed out to 50%. A larger image opens at (for example) 33%, but the window opens in the size it would be at a 16.6% zoom.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey Tranberry Another user with the same issue just tested and confirmed this theory. Hopefully this can help identify and patch the bug!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/why-is-the-window-too-small-when-i-op...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix in 22.5.1... so still using 22.4.3...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - so glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this issue. It's driving me nuts especially when I use copy / new / paste, but only the top 25% of the pasted image is shown within the new window. I am REALLY hoping someone at Adobe sees this and fixes it soon!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. Waiting on a fix

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines