• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 menu bar lagging

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a problem in PS 2021 with lagging menu bar. When I click menus, they sometimes disappear causing lag. It's also affecting ALT key - I can't do fast clone stamping, because of lag every 3-4 alt press. You can see how it looks in this video:

Do anyone know how to fix it? This problem doesn't happen in PS 2020.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Do you have two GPUs in your computer (for example Intel + Nvidia/AMD)? If yes, you need to go to graphics performance preferences in Windows and add Photoshop as high performance. Here is how you can do that: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in version 22.4.1, the only solution that worked for me was installing an older version of the photoshop, in my case 21.2.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it shouldn't be like that. 21.X is PS2020 which is old and doesn't have any new functions. Why am I paying Adobe every month to have latest versions if I can't use them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem and reverted to 21.2.12 and it fixed the issue. There seems to be no way to resolve the issue once you get into the 22.X variant, so some bug has been introduced since then. Very dissappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two GPUs in your computer (for example Intel + Nvidia/AMD)? If yes, you need to go to graphics performance preferences in Windows and add Photoshop as high performance. Here is how you can do that: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my word! That worked a treat!!! I changed the display to high performance for Photoshop exe (as per your isntructions) and then ran it up ... The problem was fixed! I'm so happy.

Thank you very, very much for your response here Szerwony. Amazing!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Same problem here with Adobe Photoshop: 23.0.2 20211119.r.101 on Winwos 11 PRO i did what you said and selected ONLY Geforce RTX 2070S now everything works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe it, this worked perfect!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines