Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 not working for WACOM Intuos

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to map functions of my WACOM tablet for Photoshop 2021. I open Wacom Tablet Preferences, Device is Intuos Pro M, Tool is Pro Pen 2 and I added Application 'Adobe Photoshop 2021' (it was in the proposed list). I map the upper buttom of the pen to act as a 'right click' and close the Preferences. However, in photoshop, it doesn't work. Photoshop takes all the settings from 'All Other' Application. In Lightroom, it works OK. Mapping an 'ExpressKey' for Application 'Adobe Photoshop 2021' doesn't work either. The only way to use the tablet in Photoshop 2021 is to alter the settings for Application 'All Other' (which I don't want to do). Any help ? (PS: it is on a MacBook Pro).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here.  Windows 10, Photoshop 22.1

Photoshop will use the "All Other" settings, but if you add Photoshop as an application in Tablet, Photoshop does NOT respond to anything configured under the application settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It worked! But still a damn stupid workaround. Wacom/Adobe need to get their act together on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I even did all the tech support stuff. Restarted, reinstalled, unplug/plug in, reinstall drivers... Wacom and PS not working together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. macOS Big Sur + Photoshop 22.1.

I tried everything I can + everything Wacom support advised me to do but still does not work... hope Adobe can work with Wacom together and have this issue fixed ASAP.

Luckily I am still able to roll back to Photoshop 2020, which works fine with Wacom tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone knows if the people of Adobe are looking at these messages? It
stays very quiet from that side.

Rudi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accidently found out a workaround for this; hope this helps.

Download Photoshop 2020 and configure the tablet for Photshop 2020. Keep the 2020 version and launch PS2021; all the ExpressKeys will work as how you configured for PS2020.

You don't even need to configure the keys for PS2021... kinda weird but kinda works for me.

Installed version: Photoshop 2020 (21.2.4) and Photoshop 2021 (22.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the exact same problem here, very frustrating as it was perfectly working before.

Is it Adobe or Wacom creating the problem?

A lot of creatives work with the great tools of those two companies, but unfortunately they don't seem to communicate between them. So, each time PS has a big update (e.g. 20 --> 21), this kind of things happen, really annoying because it slows down our workflows and oblige us to wait for solutions (of which they should have thought on the first hand). It's a big waist of time.

I will give a try to Maxi.milian work around, but we shouldn't be oblige to do that kind of stuff.

Adobe, if you read this, please help!

iMac(2020) 10.15.7(Catalina) - 3.8Ghz i7 - 72GB DDR4 - AMD Radon Pro 5700XT 16 GB. All programs and drivers are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I posted our problem here 

It seems that people from Adobe are answering some of the posts.

Let's hope 

Cheers

iMac(2020) 10.15.7(Catalina) - 3.8Ghz i7 - 72GB DDR4 - AMD Radon Pro 5700XT 16 GB. All programs and drivers are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly, this doesn't seem to work for me.

I reinstall PS 2020, then went to Wacom Tablet Utility app, removed preferences and install the one of PS2020 (which were working perfectly). Restart my computer and launch PS 2021. Didi I miss something?

Thanks for your help and post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rudi5CCD,

did you (or anyone) find a way to make it work?

I tried Maxi.milian workaround without succes unfortunatelly 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue still.. I tried Photoshop v22.2.0 on macOS v11.2.2 with Intuos PT M (CTH 690) and updated drivers (v6.3.42-1), but things are still exactly as OP described... 😞 

I cannot map actions to buttons, I cannot set screen area etc, only if I change "All Other". So far any other application I tested (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere / After Effects and all the creative suite, MS OneNote, Davinci etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: 

1. first manually uninstalling driver: https://www.wacom.com/support?guideId=002-235
  2. then installing the latest version: https://www.wacom.com/drivers
  3. uninstall and reinstall Photoshop and Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that work for you? Because I did that but it didn’t work for me.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Wacom Intuos M, drivers v6.3.42-1, big sur 11.2.1, PS 22.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate! That indeed worked! I used to remove the wacom driver from its menu, but following the manual uninstall and cleaning everything related to wacom, even running sudo grep -r 'wacom' / to make sure there aren't any leftovers, reboot, then install the driver again, everything worked fine. No need to uninstall/install photoshop btw.

PS: you'll have to reconfigure your wacom settings for each app, but since it is working I don't mind it.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked as a charm for me! 

Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did work for me however after some time the same issue started all over again. This is i.m.o. a temporary fix. I hope a more long lasting solution will eventually appear. For now I have given up on this solution and work the other way around. Configure the tablet to work for all applications like I would want it to work for PS and set every other application I use separately to default. A pain in the butt but sofar this solution has been working for longer than a couple of months..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have not yet found a solution other than to set the preferences to All Other so PS works with the tablet. Unfortunately I now need to make custom preferences set to default for all the other applications. It seems only PS has the issue that preferences set for the applications do not stick/work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Mojave. Photoshop 2021, latest drivers, install+uninstall did not help. Opened a case with Wacom but they remain silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed @hyzi suggested solution of complete driver/preferences uninstall and it solved the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It is a shame that such powerful tools as Photoshop and Wacom Tablets do not work together well. Every time there is some PS significant upgrade I found that the WACOM nightmare is back again. I use WACOM all the time for my professional job but I am seriously considering to quit. I can't spend so much time trying to keep things working. Terrible... 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone
I have found one more solution to this. Resetting settings from the Backup Settings in the Wacom Desktop Center  solves the issue for me. Photoshop 2021, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah. me too...Now it works.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines