Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 not working for WACOM Intuos

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to map functions of my WACOM tablet for Photoshop 2021. I open Wacom Tablet Preferences, Device is Intuos Pro M, Tool is Pro Pen 2 and I added Application 'Adobe Photoshop 2021' (it was in the proposed list). I map the upper buttom of the pen to act as a 'right click' and close the Preferences. However, in photoshop, it doesn't work. Photoshop takes all the settings from 'All Other' Application. In Lightroom, it works OK. Mapping an 'ExpressKey' for Application 'Adobe Photoshop 2021' doesn't work either. The only way to use the tablet in Photoshop 2021 is to alter the settings for Application 'All Other' (which I don't want to do). Any help ? (PS: it is on a MacBook Pro).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS: Same issues, plus incorrect mapping problems, but ONLY while in Photoshop. If I switched apps to something else (even though Photoshop was still running), the mapping would work correctly. I discovered that I still had Photoshop 2020 App settings applied in the Wacom Extension control panel. Once I deleted the Photoshop 2020 Application in Wacom Settings, the mapping and all button functions worked in Photoshop.

I think this is an issue of Photoshop updates not being backward-compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Don17323171m06w Thanks much! I indeed had the same problem you had. I am using PS 2022, but had PS 2021 and PS 2020 on my macOS. I had saved it in another folder. After deleting both PS 202 + PS 2021, I uninstalled and reinstalled Wacom driver (NOT PS 2022!) and everything fell in place. Had to reset all the other apps, though. Anyway, thanks a lot, this problem caused me a few days headaches and stomach pains! Couldn't get why the pen settings were OK but not the ExpressKey settings....

indocobraone_0-1652972397581.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines