Photoshop 2022 Corrupting all files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently lost a few hours worth of work when I tried to open a file and to find it was corrupt.  I didn't have any power outage or unexpected crashes.  I did notice that the program was hanging at 99% while saving.  I tried to recover the file using many methods I saw online and a few recovery tools but it was not possible.  I began recreating my work and kept saving backup versions as I went.  When I went to open those files today they were all corrupt.  Luckily the recovery tool worked on one of them.  I just tried resetting my settings to see if that helps.  I am running the latest version of Photoshop 2022 (23.2.1).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022
OK, resetting the settings and deleting MachinePrefs seems to have fixed the issue.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-23-2-issue-previously-saved-files-with-adj....  I just tried the fix suggested here and will report back if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've never had any issues with Photoshop version 23.2.1 corrupting files on my system or any version of Photoshop, have you tried running check disk to see if there's issues with your hard drive

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also used SFC to scan for corupt files.  I also reinstalled Photoshop.  So far after resetting the settings it seems to be working but I'm not sure yet.  It looks like the files are only corrupt if I use Layer Styles.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, resetting the settings and deleting MachinePrefs seems to have fixed the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice that the program was hanging at 99% while saving.

By @crashedmind

It sounds like you're saving directly to an external drive? That's something you shouldn't do. Save to internal/local disk, then copy over.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was saving to an internal SSD

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently lost a few hours worth of work when I tried to open a file and to find it was corrupt.  I didn't have any power outage or unexpected crashes.  I did notice that the program was hanging at 99% while saving.  I tried to recover the file using many website I saw online and a few recovery tools but it was not possible.  I began recreating my work and kept saving backup versions as I went.  When I went to open those files today they were all corrupt.  Luckily the recovery tool worked on one of them.  I just tried resetting my settings to see if that helps.  I am running the latest version of Photoshop 2022 (23.2.1).

By @crashedmind

I also got issue while i creating PSD file for my website. But when i replace my hard from HDD to SSD then i'll really help me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines