• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Crashes when opening more than 6 files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop 2022 installed on a Windows 11 Pro machine. My video card is a 0FN46D AMD Radeon R7 450 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (I'm guessing the video card was originally on a Dell, but it's not anymore). Every time I try to open more than 6 files at a time, photoshop 2022 crashes. what could be the problem? I am not finding anything on google about it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it depends also on the file sizes which you are opening may be heavy files causing trouble try work on a single file if the problem still exists try the older version if then all ok wait for stable updates all issues are in notice of the Adobe team...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when opening one file it opens fine regardless. i did try smaller files and still wants to crash when trying to load 6 files. How could I run the older version of photoshop without having to uninstall photoshop 2022? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, so while googling this issue some more this morning I did find a fix. I tried it when I got home this afternoon and it worked! here is the fix that others can try: open photoshop, go to edit>preferences>technology previews and check the box for "deactivate native canvas." hit "ok" and restart photoshop. The problem should than be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines