• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Crashes When Selecting Different Printer!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For as long as I can remember, Photoshop would crash whenever a different printer is selected.

This has happened for me since at least Photoshop CC15.

My computer is fully up to date with the latest versions of all the Adobe apps and is running Windows 11, also fully updated.

I have 2 printers installed on my system, an Epson inkjet and an HP Laserjet.

Both printers work fine with ALL other Windows apps on my system and I can select whatever printer I want at any time - unfortunately Photoshop does not seem to like a change of printer.

With Photoshop I would normally be using the Epson inkjet 99% of the time as it's used to produce artwork for dye-sub printing. However, if I have the need to print a document to the HP Laserjet from Photoshop, Photoshop will either freeze or immediately shutdown as soon as a different printer is selected

The only way to avoid this happening is to delete the Adobe Photoshop 2022 Prefs.psp file BEFORE opening Photoshop.

If I delete the prefs file BEFORE opening Photoshop 2022 I can select and print to whatever printer I want without problem until I change printer again - whereupon Photoshop crashes again and the prefs file has to be deleted.

I have NO crashes during normal use and as long as I do not change to a different printer, then Photoshop will happily print to the last selected printer without incident.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html Having a crash report will help us understand what component is crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash reporter does not appear.

When I try to print to a different printer Photoshop just either freezes or shuts down completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still waiting on a response to this.

Photoshop crashes immediately when changing to a different printer!

i.e. The majority of my prints are done through an Epson inkjet but if I change to my HP Laserjet, Photoshop immediately crashes, either by freezing or dissapearing completely. There are no crash reports generated or any option to report the problem to Adobe. The crash reporter does not appear!

This problem is mentioned elsewhere on the web by other users and the only solution I've found is to delete the prefs file before opening Photoshop - obviously this is inconvenient. This however only works for that session but if a different printer is chosen again the same crash or freeze happens.

Most of the time Photoshop willl just dissapear - freezes are much less common.

Photoshop 2022 and up to date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines