• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 crashes

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time! Especially when I go to use the paint bucket tool

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 115 Replies 115
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maria graziab50418227 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue from my side. Since last update, impossible to open PS 2022 (Big Sur and updated to Monterey).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey
I’m Sorry but I cannot send you the report because in that moment Photoshop doesn’t work.
I need to stop the program by CTRL+Alt+Canc and restart it and all my work is gone
Grazia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously installed the 2022 (23.0.0) version but I had nothing but problems. So I installed it tonight hoping that things would have gotten better. But things still bad. Before, I had to reinstall the 2021 (22.5.3) version, which works fine.

The 2022 version never crashed but instead it freezes up after trying to do basic functions. For instance, when I wanted the rulers, they never appeared. Instead, multiple images of the work board appeared. And the welcome screen stayed in the background, possibly making for a very slow operation. So, each time I had to turn my computer off. 

The subscription service model was supposed to eliminate the hassle of traditional software problems, but those problems are back with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us more about your hardware setup and your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device name DESKTOP-DPC7PRJ
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.70 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.90 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11/‎30/‎2021
OS build 19044.1348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Do I need to double my RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar system with a 4600u. it's a tablet pc (convertible or whatever current marketing term is). I upgraded to 16GB RAM about 6 months ago and it didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. the big difference was swapping the Silly 5400 rpm HDD for a Samsung SSD. doing that brought me on par with a lot of newer machines that friends and family have. when I bought this thing several years ago it was a $2,000 machine and I would prefer to make it last as long as possible lol.

with that said I also have a desktop that I built with an intel I9 10900k and the difference is quite remarkable. using the older machine you can tell that it's working. using it is fine but The more intensive and operation is the more you notice it. it's fine for making some changes to some flyers and that kind of thing but I definitely wouldn't want to be using it professionally for photographs if I had a lot of them to work on.

using it online or machine like this a few things that you need to do is make sure you have plenty of space on an SSD for virtual memory and a scratch disk. try to keep your undo levels down to a minimum. and be careful of the pixel size of the images that you're editing on it. or in other words just realize you're not going to get top performance out of it.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues as well, just opening Photoshop and resizing a single image causes photoshop to crash everytime. I've removed and installed again this morning for the same issue, and now I'm trying a few versions back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, am trying to do a simple resize of an image and it keeps crashing.

The Crash popup shows up and I clicked "Send Report".

I am now reinstalling version 22.0 presumably 2021 version.

Hopefully that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything, uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing only 2021 latest version, did not help.

I made sure that all the latest Windows 11 updates were installed, no change.

I made sure the Intel graphics drivers were the latest installed , no change, Photoshop still crashed when resizing an image

I then unchecked "Use Graphics Processor" in both Photoshop and Bridge and now everything seems to work fine.

Adobe, please figure out why this is happening.

I sent the crash report with my email addr4ess included so feel free to connect to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been expierencing the same problem, have you managed to solve it because i am still struggling. The startup and everything is good but when it gets to 5/10minutes into working on a file - Photoshop freezes and i have to end it with task manager. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!! Constantly crashing. I can't get any work done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am facing the same issue, after 5 mins its freezes and i had to end it with task managerPreview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem by running the program locally and disconnecting from the Adobe cloud. Connecting to the cloud forces all sorts of background services that tie up the CPU and memory.

I disabled the cloud connect on start up as well as any adobe background services that are enabled on start up. 

This made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? can you guide me on the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC

Control - Alt - Delete

Select Task Manager

Goto startup tab

Right click over anything adobe and select disable

Reboot machine

Some services will still turn on and can be difficult to figure out.

Have some memory of a posting about some browser extensions making calls on adobe services.

There are also postings about shutting off unneeded serrvices.

Access services from the Task Manager , a few tabs to the right of the startup tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2022 Crashes on opening on a Surface Studio 2 that is maxed out.

Amazing that this is the same thing that happens everytime there is a big update and Adobe is always mystified. 

What a company. They just throw stuff out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me - top of the line surface pro and the "upgrade" to Photoshop 2022 has rendered the program unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated to v 23.0 (Photoshop 2022) today. I tried opening the application, and it crashed before finishing opening. I have repeatedly tried opening the application, and it crashes before finishing opening each time. No other large applications are running; I even restarted my computer to make sure Photoshop would not have competition when opening. It still crashes before fully opening.

MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019
macOS Monterey v 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Have Monterey and 2016 Macbook Air. PS 2020 worked well. PS 2022 is a disaster so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I just tried to use Photoshop 2022 and it crashes all the time. There is no way to use it. Can I get photoshop 2021 back? I can't work with this new version. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud app; in the App tab, find Photoshop, click the three dots menu in the far right, and click 'Other versions'. You can have two versions of PS installed at once on your machine, but you may have to uninstall the latest version if you encounter issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I'm windows 10 user. 
After updated crashes when opening, I went back to previous version and the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now! 

Hope this help ♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines