Photoshop 2022 crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time! Especially when I go to use the paint bucket tool

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021
I just figured a fix.In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.) After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335). Guess that was the conflict! It is working no...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021
It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maria graziab50418227 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue from my side. Since last update, impossible to open PS 2022 (Big Sur and updated to Monterey).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey
I’m Sorry but I cannot send you the report because in that moment Photoshop doesn’t work.
I need to stop the program by CTRL+Alt+Canc and restart it and all my work is gone
Grazia

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2022 Crashes on opening on a Surface Studio 2 that is maxed out.

Amazing that this is the same thing that happens everytime there is a big update and Adobe is always mystified. 

What a company. They just throw stuff out there. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me - top of the line surface pro and the "upgrade" to Photoshop 2022 has rendered the program unusable

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated to v 23.0 (Photoshop 2022) today. I tried opening the application, and it crashed before finishing opening. I have repeatedly tried opening the application, and it crashes before finishing opening each time. No other large applications are running; I even restarted my computer to make sure Photoshop would not have competition when opening. It still crashes before fully opening.

MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019
macOS Monterey v 12.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Have Monterey and 2016 Macbook Air. PS 2020 worked well. PS 2022 is a disaster so far.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I just tried to use Photoshop 2022 and it crashes all the time. There is no way to use it. Can I get photoshop 2021 back? I can't work with this new version. Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud app; in the App tab, find Photoshop, click the three dots menu in the far right, and click 'Other versions'. You can have two versions of PS installed at once on your machine, but you may have to uninstall the latest version if you encounter issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I'm windows 10 user. 
After updated crashes when opening, I went back to previous version and the issue remains.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now! 

Hope this help ♥

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes on trying to type, and has been showing error messages when I try to do some things like liquify. Uh I appreciate the neural filters guys but I have work to do...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a newer Surface Pro and since Photoshop has updated to 2022, the program crashes consistently EVERY time I've tried to use it.  The program is completely unusable at this point.  How can I revert to 2021 version which was working well enough?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add that it has been repeatedly crashing for me as well. Twice in the last half hour since opening it and once last night in the few minutes that I was working with it. I have submitted the crash reports, so they should be in the system. It's not a memory issue as I have 32gb of ram and was nowhere near maxing out

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!
I can't even watch a video on youtube while photoshop is open anymore because for some reason, it makes my PC freeze!!
The 2021 version worked perfectly fine, I never had any problems while using it. Why the hell did it changes into the 2022 version without even asking me if I wanted the update, now I'm stuck with this atrocious version that causes problems on my PC everytime!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Updated to PS 2022 and not only does photoshop crash constantly, but my computer is not shutting down constantly. Started happening immediately upon updating. I have sent reports almost everytime as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled the former version. I couldn't get anything done.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues! Spent 2 hours with an Adobe employee who uninstalled the newer version and now the older version is crashing....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me. 2019 MacBook Pro. Since updating to 2022 the app crashes immediately upon launching. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. Launched without plugins. All to no avail. All the other apps work just fine. I reverted back to the previous version, 25.5.2 and its working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reverted back to the previous version, can you explain?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud app; in the App tab, find Photoshop, click the three dots menu in the far right, and click 'Other versions'. You can have two versions of PS installed at once on your machine, but you may have to uninstall the latest version if you encounter issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! I never want to use this v23 again in my life!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The versions are independent, I have way more than two, and they do not interact: their preferences and code base are different.(the exception being Camera Raw that is shared between versions)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue from me. Windows 10 Pro, NVidia GEForce GTX 1080 Ti, Photoshop 23.0.0, NVidia Studio Driver 472.39

After installing successfully, PS opens normally but as soon as I open an image (TIFF or PSD) my computer crashes, instantly restarting with no log file being written.  I have tried uninstalling both PS and the NVidia drivers and reinstalling with no success.  Also tried switching NVidia driver to the Game version but still no luck.
Everything else is completely stable (including Lightroom Classic latest version 11.0

Eventually I have rolled back to prior PS version (22.5.2) and everything is stable, working well.  

I also tried other feedback I have read about renaming Spaces folder but to no avail.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me here, only more extreme. Launching Photohsop 23.o on my iMac (2017, MacOS Monterey) just shuts my Mac down.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines