• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 FREEZE

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 - just did the whole CS update and PHotoshop2022 freezes on opening. I can't even get it to open. Anyone else have this issue and what is support going todo to help? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. It appears to freeze on "Adding Extension... Halide Bottlenecks"

I need help asap to get back to work please

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue, was working fine then suddenly boom won't even open.

This 'fix' works, but it's totally unacceptable as it's wiping away my set up every time i have to launch the damn program. This is the most unacceptably buggy release I've seen from adobe in a very very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't helping. Every day now, I go to turn on PS2022 and it either stops/halts loading extensions.

I tried to follow your suggestion but it was a dead end.

I'm losing hours of work here and paying by the month. I'm VERY unhappy with theses updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this update, so far I have lost two days of work. Chat support redirected me three times with no help. I cannot even select a path to edit it. The program just freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't ever had any help from chat support. This is really terrible service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this fix does in fact not always fix the issue, uninstalling and reinstalling PS2022 does seem to work, albeit until it decides to completely crash on start up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is so frustrating. What should have taken me 2 days took 5 because of this "update" . Been on remote sessions with Adobe Techs 3x, was elevated to the "next level" apparently next level means "we don't care, and we aren't going to contact you like we said we would". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After the update, I see that it started to perform worse. The zoom is very jerky, all the actions it performs with some delay. Sometimes it is almost invisible, sometimes it is very visible. But it is the zoom that annoys me the most. It turns into a constant waiting for zooming in and out. Although the Photoshop settings and computer configuration have not changed. And I see that the computer is not loaded to its maximum. So it's definitely a problem with the optimization of the new Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue.
Actually I successed to open it after several tries.

But I had to close any other programs to work Photoshop2022. 

It opened, but some function doesn't work. Finally it makes my computer freeze when I open MS Powerpoint. 
I had to power off of my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Photoshop 2022 rarely opens. It's a never ending cycle of error message, asking for an error report and asking if I want to relaunch. I might get temporary satisfaction with (re)trying a fix, but not long after I'm back to the same issue. I've gone through all the tutorials and even uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop. Nothing works for more than a day. 

Adobe please stop having us jump through hoops exececuting less than effective measures that through a wrench into our workflows and actually diagnose/fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Updated yesterday to 2022 and photoshop just freezes. Cant do any work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I load a brush (from where it previously was) and then the whole brush panel locks up and the whole program is un-usable.  How the heck do I just stay on 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines