• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 hanging for 30 seconds on every start on "reading preferences" phase on Windows

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per post heading. PC has 10700K CPU - 64GB RAM - Fast 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD - 3080 Graphics Card driving 3 screens.

Have tried resetting preferences file -> no change.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Looks like this issue has finally been addressed in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind checking if launching Photoshop as administrator makes a difference? Did you reset the Preferences by moving the setting folder manually? If not, you can try resetting the Preferences manually using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - everything runs from an account with administrator privilages.

I reset the preferences file by holding down ctrl+alt+shift when launching Ps and acknowledging the dialog box.

When I reset the preferences using the instructions in the link provided it initially hung on "Reading Brushes" the first time it started (for about 30 seconds) (presumably whilst it created the new preferences file(s)) but then reverted to taking 30 seconds to get past "reading preferences" every time - so in essence "no change".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this issue has finally been addressed in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it hasn't. I'm running the latest cc2022 version on w11 and it's just started for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's related to graphics engine. If I uncheck use graphics in performance tab the issue disappears. I've not updated my graphics drivers that are the latest from dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines