• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Importing 100% K to RGB Black

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as my title says.  When I import a CMYK PDF into the newest version of Photoshop, it is converting areas of 100% K to the RGB equivalent of black.

First image is file open in Acrobat DC — As you can see, it clearly has areas of 100% K.

Second image is the file after importing to Photoshop — Eyedropper +1 showing the "RGB" black equivalent in CMYK.

Photoshop should be maintaining 100% K values, but it is not.

My CMYK color setting is the standard SWOP.  I am importing the file as CMYK.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the CMYK file in Photoshop, is it opening AS a CMYK file? Or RGB? Please clarify the method you're using to fulfill the term "import".

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That generally happens when there is a CMYK to CMYK profile conversion.

Check all your settings again to make sure the original CMYK profile is preserved all the way. I just tested here, and 0-0-0-100 remains 0-0-0-100 when opening a CMYK PDF.

Color management policies should be set to "preserve embedded profiles", and then the embedded profile will always override the working space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post meaningful screenshots, those are clipped to exclude relevant UI elements. 

Can you provide the pdf? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines