• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022+ is Sluggish and Slow working with Font, Zoom-in and out

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop since CS6 , Now always working with latest version of Photoshop 22.5.6+

I've try find solution to fix lagging, sluggish and not very smooth experience when working with Photoshop espcially scrolling to find suitable font or zoom-in and out using mouse wheel..

it just slow and sometime keep seen a tearing on screen, happen quiet often with file larger than 20mb

Thing I already did..

1. tweak photoshop performance to the max
  2. reducing font on my PC
  3. increasing ram usage in photoshop
  4. clear cash or temporary file
  5. tweak my graphic card setting to the max
  6. tweak my task manager to give photoshop higher priority
  7. search on google every way possible to help reducing this problem..

still feel slow..

please help

My spec:

Asus Monitor Aorus 144hz

BenQ Monitor 10bit 60hz

Mouse polling rate 125hz

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB 3600hz
GPU RTX 2080 Ti

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for my english, no 4. clear cache, not cash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try upgrading to the current version of Photoshop (23.2.1) via the Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untissstled.png

I always installed latest version and the problem is same, I am currently 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kotaklidi,

Unfortunately, over the years photoshop went from being the best software on the planet to the worst. Apps like procreate and other lighter options are slowly killing photoshop. I wish someone comes up with a stripped-down version of it without all the crap, focused mainly on performance.

One thing that I noticed that made it slightly better was the scratch disk. Use only the drive you have photoshop installed on it. I know it sounds stupid but it works a bit better.

I hope this helps.
Etienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently my scartch disk only set where photoshop is installed on C drive, other scratch disk I leave it alone, sometime I click all scratch disk but it doesnt make any different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have experienced the same problems. Especially with using the brush with masking. The draw speed has become horrendously slow and sluggish. I will make a brush stroke across the screen, and it takes 3-5 seconds to process, even with my pc specced a little higher than yours. It was not like this around 3-4 years ago. This seems to be a performance problem that has crept up in the last year or so. It's borderline unusable and has me looking for alternatives. I've performed all the official advice you mentioned as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its worse and worse, and worse over the years.

I dont use brushes anymore. I am back to pencils and paper.

<comment removed for not meeting community guidelines>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree.

Every update worst than the next. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines