Exit

photoshop 2022 silicone won't save

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using PS 2022 on mac M1 Monterey 12.5

Since not long ago PS won't show save box anymore neither with shortcut or with command menu

If i have several files opened it's the same issue for all of them so i can't save nothing

I need to quit and restart PS losing unsaved work

Does anyone know something about it ?

Thx

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences back to the factory defaults, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences, then closing and reopening the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same issue and neither resetting the preferences neither reinstalling the app solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?
Which particular issue are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 (23.5.1)

Mac Os Monterrey (M1 pro)

16gb RAM

I have a spare 40gb on my SSD right now

When I tried to "save as" a file, the save dialog not even show up for me.

When I tryed to reinstall or reset the preferences, the only thing different was that dialog asking if I want to save on my computer or in the Cloud, but whan I click on the "save on my computer" button, the dialog closes and nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup; I just double-checked and was able to Save As without any issues.

It might help to release more spare hard disk space.

Also consider using the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the application and previous version fragments and reinstall it again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was hard work!

But I´m not lucky.

I´ll try to install a vintage version of photoshop becasue I need to work to pay the monthly fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

I think I have a clue about the issue: it has to do with a multiple display configuration.

I just disconected the second display, started my ptohoshop and the save as just worked. I just had this idea because when I plug in or plg out the second display, the windows configuration of my adobe open apps just go crazy sometimes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the previous version of Photoshop to see if that works for you (you can have more than one version installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested with the newer version and with the version 22.0. 

And it´s the display!!!!!! When I connect the second display, the save box disappear. When I disconnect the second display, the save box works flawlessly. With the 22.0 and with the 23.5.1 versions

Let´s warn ADOBE about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it's a big pb... so using PS means we cannot use 2 screens if we want to save...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines