• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 (v23.1) Not Opening

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 refuses to open immediately on my Windows 10 PC. Intermittently, it will open out of nowhere and can take up to 10-15 minutes to open if I haven't already ended the program in Task Manager by then. I've looked at multiple other posts to uninstall and reinstall which I've done without success. In addition, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my second monitor, clearing my Photoshop preferences manually and tried the CC cleaner. Not sure what can be done further at this point. Reverting to a previous version isn't ideal considering I work in a department where multiple team members work with files together where software version is important.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Unfortunately, none of the above methods of resolution worked. I ended up having to wipe all Adobe products from my PC and restart my PC. I would imagine it was relation to one of the core components related to the Creative Cloud app. Thanks for your prompt reponse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's do some troubleshooting to eliminate user account issues and make sure any third-party extensions and utilities aren't invloved:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, none of the above methods of resolution worked. I ended up having to wipe all Adobe products from my PC and restart my PC. I would imagine it was relation to one of the core components related to the Creative Cloud app. Thanks for your prompt reponse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally the same problem for me, Windows 10 too. Get this fixed Adobe, I am NOT pleased! I am paying lots of bucks for this to work!!

Michael Köster

Sweden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop current version before 23.1 will not open is there a reason that I have checked everything even updated it from my plan and I cannot get a response to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Photoshop 2022 v. 23.3.0.394 will not open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nothing. My other Adobe programs work fine.  Just Photoshop.  This happened from one day to the next. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step I would recommend to reset the Photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment.

Which operating system do you use?

What has been changed on your system before the error occur? Installing patches, updates and so on.

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would try that, but I can't get to the preferences in PS.  The program will not open. I have a Windows 10 operating system.  Nothing has changed.  I used the program on Sunday and then Monday it would not open.  There is no error message.  I appears to start and begins to initilize, and then all of a sudden it doesn't finish and goes back to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally had to install an older version of PS for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't fix it. I tried starting Photoshop while holding down Cntrl, Alt and Shift. It looked like it was starting but didn't finsh. It showed up as being in progress in the active progams icons at the bottom of my screen for over 45 minutes. Clicking that icon didn't bring the loading program up. Right clicking brought up the menu to close that window but clicking that option did not actually do anything. I had to go into Task Manager to close out Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what to do, all of these updates to CC and Photoshop - then all of a sudden I try to open a jpeg image and photoshop displays an error message stating 'Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error'

The help option brings me to a list of general suggestions on adobe's site. None of these have been helpful, as a paying customer I feel a good user experience starts with thourough testing prior to forcing updates. This product is useless to me at the moment, when I need it the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a problem opening Photoshop 2022. My computer is a Dell laptop i7 and has Windows 11.  A couple of days ago I started not being able to open Photoshop.  Just minutes ago I installed the latest update hoping it would help.  I rebooted the computer after the install, but I still have the same problem.  It opens, I'm not able to do anything because as soon as it opens, it closes.  It closes in 3 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same. my PC windows 11 PS v. 23.4.1 can't open the App. I have to run as admin all the time. and I cant use  edit in Photoshop from LightroomCC. will try to reintall the old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After not being able to open Photoshop for about 4 days and trying all
day. This morning, it finally opened for the first time. I didn't
reinstall it or do anything that I'm aware of. Only updated the program
yesterday, and it still did not open afterwards. It seemed like it was
going to open, but it would just close immediately. But this morning, it
miraculously opened again. I'm a photographer, so I didn't know what I was
going to do without Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, Thanks for inform me. just check it again, now I can use it normally. but all of my Action is gone TT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems.  Photoshop will launch to the home screen but I cannot open a file, an image, a new canvas, or anything else.  This sucks.  I do not have admin privileges at my university desktop so the process to wipe all adobe products and reinstall is not feasible.  I would have to have my advisor or IT stand at my desktop with me to enter his password for every single install to the hard drive.  This is not going to be a solution for me.  Please solve this Photoshop problem, Adobe. I pay for the student package on a graduate student stipend and this is a huge sacrifice that's becoming ambiguous as to my motivations to keep doing so if the apps don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem so opened Task Manager and navigated to PS and opened the associated files.  I did an 'end task' on the Java files and lo and behold PS opened immediately.  Is this issue related to Java I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my previous post, I created a new user account on my Windows 10 laptop, opened the new user account and clicked on the PS icon and it opened?  What is going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From now own we should log into new account to use photoshop and then log back into other account. Is somebody even looking into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your previous Windows profile is fault. This can happens sometimes.

Move all data and program settings to the new account and then delete the old one.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not fixing the problem, just working around it. Arrgghh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work on new windows 10 account either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone tries these solutions and still has a problem, updating my BIOS resolved it for me (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines