• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 won't start after update

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to Photoshop 2022. When I tried to start it for the first time, it came up with "Sorry and error occured" and no error number. It happened as it was loading preferences. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. The same happened. I then uninstalled it and again reinstalled it, this time without keeping my preferences and it loaded a little further, this time as far as showing the top menu bar before it came up with "Sorry, an error occured" and no error number. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again but still the same thing happened. Later I found a very recent bug fix (23.01) and ran that, but yet again the same happened. I am gettuing very frustrated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, I have 31 Gb of free memory left and here are the computer's specs.

Edward5E95_0-1637306943802.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the CC Cleaner tool yet? (Be aware: It's pretty involved. Follow instructions to the letter.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi war unicorn,

Thanks for giving me the approach. I tried it, following the guidelines exactly. Unfortunately, it again only got as far as showing the top menu bar before it came up with "Sorry, an error occured" and no error number. I am currently reinstalling the rest of the apps available in my plan.

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

If it were me, I'd try a "scorched earth" method and reformat the system. That takes more time than the CC Cleaner Tool method (for obvious reasons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines