• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Zoom Issues

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updated from 2021 Photoshop to 2022, everytime I zoom in the entire program freezes. If I manage to get it to zoom out, the canvas becomes warped (these square parts of the canvas move all around like a puzzle, the pieces being different size and covering others) and it is impossible to draw on. Once I zoom in, I cannot switch the tool I had equipped nor can I switch the file or anything of the like. I then have to manually close the program through task manager as it becomes completely unresponsive. 

I just updated Photoshop to 23.5.1 and this issue still has not been solved. My PC isn't the best but when I still had 2021 installed I could use that without any issue. This has only been an issue once I switched to 2022 Photoshop (I remember because of the new picture that the loading screen has). I use Windows if that helps at all. I just want to be able to zoom in and out like normal without the constant breaks in work flor and loss of work due to this issue. 

Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The 3rd thing you listed ended up being the one. There's still some serious lag with the zooming in and out but it's thankfully at least letting me draw and not completely freezing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue but none of these suggestions seems to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines