Photoshop 2023.0.0 / Windows 11 Pro crashes when I want to start print dialog

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC INTEL I9-11900K, 64 GB RAM

Windows 11 Pro (German)

Photoshop 2023.0.0

Nvidea Pascal Titan X (latest driver 496.49)

Photoshop crashes when I want to start the print dialog. I've allready tested the suggestions from here: Probleme mit Grafikprozessor (GPU) und Grafiktreiber in Photoshop beheben (adobe.com)

Unfortunately without a solution.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve the problem?

Regards

Thomas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hd_tom I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Which printer model are you trying to print to?

If you hold down the spacebar when you select the File > Print does it still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

sorry for late answer: Photoshop generates no crash report if it's crashing. PS crashes in front of the possibility to chose a printer.

Yes PS crashes also, when I press the spacebar during select "Datei / Drucken" (I use the German UI).

How to generate a crash report, if PS does it automatically?

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hd_tom look at Jeffrey's link it tells you how you should get the crash report prompt.

Also, did you try updating to Ps23.0.2?

Did you uninstall any printer? is there an online printer that cannot be reached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done like described in Jeffrey's link, restarted Windows (11 Pro), started PS, press Datei/Drucken (File/Print): PS crashes again without crash report generation window. The question in the cmd dialog i confirmed with "Yes".

Also I've installed the latest PS version 23.0.2

The printers I've installed are local ore reachabble over LAN. Tey're printing propper from other software like CorelDraw, Word etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you do these steps to force the crash reporter to reappear: 

Windows

1. Open Start
  2. Search for "Command Prompt" and launch it
  3. Enter the following command:
    • REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\CRLog /v "Never Ask" /t REG_SZ /d 0
  4. Press the Enter key
  5. If asked â€œValue Never Ask exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" choose Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did it allready, also starting the cmd as admin. the screenshot attached shows the correspondenting entries. I Think the entries are correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, File > Print, PS crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest version 23.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is a 23.1 update, no mention of Print crash....  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Were you able to generate/capture a crash report as explained higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

installed the 23.1 update: Like You told and I expected: PS still crashes, when I want to start the print dialog.

No, I cant create a crash report although I've done the registry entries, using the cmd command like you told me in one of the last entries. You can doublecheck the real registry information concerning this point at the screenshot, I've attached at my last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why i am receiving this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd guess because you have settings to receive a message when there is a reply to your messages, that you posted in his thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... Photoshop crashes when I clic : file> print / file >print a copie

I have no problem to print with other applications.

I have de latest version of photoshop : 23.1.0 (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits)

(printer Epson ET8500).

Someone find a solution ? thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today updatet to 23.1.0 and the problem is still present - shame adobe ;-(
Depending at at the pricing, I'm really searching for an other solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hd_tom - it’s a Microsoft issue, they a say a fix is coming:

Heres the background:

Photoshop call for display profile on Windows 11, the background and info about an forthcoming fix

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/color-management-not-working-with-pho...

yamma_ma

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2021

There are several Win32 API functions to get monitor profiles, but among them, the GetICMProfile and EnumICMProfiles functions have a problem that does not work properly on Windows 11.

Photoshop seems to be using GetICMProfile in the Adobe Color Engine DLL. I guess that's why Photoshop can't get the correct profile of the monitor.

I am not sure about Capture One, but Affinity Photo uses the WcsGetDefaultColorProfile function, which works fine in Windows 11.

One tip that seems to help some users is to make sure HDR is off in Windows 11 to use your calibration settings.

News of a fix: Microsoft confirms another Windows 11 issue, promises fix in a future release

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/12/26/microsoft-confirms-another-windows-11-issue-promises-fix-in...

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In meantime I'm using Photoshop 23.2.0 and windows 11 Pro with all updates: Nothing changed. When I want to start the print dialog in Photoshop PS crashes still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines