• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 Causing Black Screen and Color Profile Changes

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a short while ago, PS 2023 started making my screen go black for a few seconds when I tab in and out of it or open PSD files. I think it has something to do with it switching my screen's color profile? Thing is, all it did was switch the preset of my other monitor and seems to happen on random i.e. not every time I open and close PS does it cause a temporary black screen.

Anyone else encounter this? The monitor that's effected also only has 1 color profile (.icc file) and nothing seems to change about the look after it blacks out.

Today it got worse where it added a red tint to the monitor and I cannot switch it back (nothing else changed so I'm guessing it affected the LUT?)
Why does photoshop do this and as a side note does anyone know how to apply/install old .icm files on windows? I went on the settings app on windows for display and switching between the profiles there do not change the look of the monitor at all.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry to hear you are having this issue!

Does this only happen in Photoshop? Have you checked to see if your windows Hardware is compatible with the version of Photoshop you are using? When you mention that it switches the color profile of your other monitor, does that mean a previous monitor, or a current second monitor hooked up to your system?

What is the color profile before it changes, and then what does it change it to?

Let us know so we can be more effective at helping!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Another option that has been suggested is to select Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop.

Let us know if that works for you?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines